Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    533

    3 phase scroll rotation

    had and issue with two twinned daikin vrv heat pumps this week where i was getting a "U1" code which indicated incorrect phase rotation. bought a 3 phase rotation meter and i'm going back monday to check the systems. do most scroll manufacturers compressors run cw, ccw or does it vary depending on the maker of the compressor? thanks.
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    54
    New Jersey, maybe you are aware of something I have never been taught but when legs on compressor are switched how do you see direction change? I understand with a fan motor and have had to switch legs for correct scroll operation but how do you see rotation of pistons?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,440
    most run clockwise. if the unit has CT/toroids make sure they are installed on the right phase.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman7997 View Post
    New Jersey, maybe you are aware of something I have never been taught but when legs on compressor are switched how do you see direction change? I understand with a fan motor and have had to switch legs for correct scroll operation but how do you see rotation of pistons?
    it wouldnt matter with pistons and there is no way to see it but if the meter helps to identify L1-L2-L3 then all he has to do is land the legs on the right spot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    54
    (it wouldnt matter with pistons and there is no way to see it but if the meter helps to identify L1-L2-L3 then all he has to do is land the legs on the right spot.)
    What runs clockwise? Basically I was asking a rhetorical question because I have seen the scroll reverse rotation problem. I use my pressures and ears to know if I have to switch legs at contactor. Didn't know about actually have a certain rotation that they call for and how do you tell. Model # or do you have to look it up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    i have never seen any compressor run CCW?

    but I am sure that there are some!!
    seems like nothing is the same.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,554
    Now you've given me something to do on Monday.

    I'm going to find a running scroll, and take a reading on the terminals with my rotation tester to find out whether the rotation is CW or CCW.

    I'll post back.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    i have never seen any compressor run CCW?

    but I am sure that there are some!!
    seems like nothing is the same.
    I believe in the southern hemisphere they run counterclockwise

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    i will bet you a pork tenderloin it is CW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Now you've given me something to do on Monday.

    I'm going to find a running scroll, and take a reading on the terminals with my rotation tester to find out whether the rotation is CW or CCW.

    I'll post back.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    and below the 38th parallel??????????????


    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I believe in the southern hemisphere they run counterclockwise
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    54
    Hahaha you guys are hilarious. Hey time builder do you think I can borrow your rotation tester cause I think toilet is flushing in reverse rotation but it's possible it was shipped from another parallel. Hahaha

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    is it a left handed toilet or a right handed toilet??????????????

    i think syphon jet water closets made above the 38th parallel are actually counter clockwise???
    just sayin????????



    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman7997 View Post
    Hahaha you guys are hilarious. Hey time builder do you think I can borrow your rotation tester cause I think toilet is flushing in reverse rotation but it's possible it was shipped from another parallel. Hahaha
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    54
    It is left handed from behind the the toilet, and and from what I understand the toilet bowl was made below the 38th and the handle above? Do you think she's gonna make it cause she just recently switched rotation. I haha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event