amprobe navigator vs UEI Phoenix.

I have a new Navigator Amprobe with all the HVAC bells and whistles..a $257 meter.

I was helping a guy just starting out and was surprised the accuracy of the UEI Phoenix was spot on with my Amprobe.

Surprised the hell outta me. All MY UEI amp meter are at least 2 amps off. and they were recently calibrated ano not used at all.

Are UEI that much improved or has the measuring of amps become a routine science that any body can make lab accurate meter theses days for a low dollar?

i just saw that top of the line amprobe online and got a little pissed i spent much more on my fluke 381 and it cannot do all that amprobe can. i wish i would have known about it 1 month ago i definitely would have bought it. how do you like it i guess having another meter in my truck cant hurt. i got tool envy bad, i actually just posted a thread asking if anybody had one

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    i just saw that top of the line amprobe online and got a little pissed i spent much more on my fluke 381 and it cannot do all that amprobe can. i wish i would have known about it 1 month ago i definitely would have bought it. how do you like it i guess having another meter in my truck cant hurt. i got tool envy bad, i actually just posted a thread asking if anybody had one
    Like it alot. but Getting the Testo 570 amp probe for convenience,

I used to be a dedicated Amprobe user until I tried the Klein CL2000. It's made by UEI. I really liked the Amprobes, but I got tired of looking for special batteries for the meters I liked using.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I have a new Navigator Amprobe with all the HVAC bells and whistles..a $257 meter.

I was helping a guy just starting out and was surprised the accuracy of the UEI Phoenix was spot on with my Amprobe.

Surprised the hell outta me. All MY UEI amp meter are at least 2 amps off. and they were recently calibrated ano not used at all.

Are UEI that much improved or has the measuring of amps become a routine science that any body can make lab accurate meter theses days for a low dollar?
    What method did you use to determine that they are 2 amps off ???

Just curious.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Doesn't fluke make amprobe

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    What method did you use to determine that they are 2 amps off ???

Just curious.
    compared them on the unit we were working on.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post

I think that UEI and Klein may have merged. I was hoping that it would mean an improvement in UEI quality.

I recently purchased the Amprobe Nav 51 recently also, pleased so far. Ive had a UEI for about 15 years it still works. I use it in the rain and crawlspaces etc.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

UEI and KLIEN are in a 50 / 50 partnership for past 1 1/2 - 2 years

I like the UEi G2 Phoenix DL389. It does just about everything...ohms, volt, amp, capacitants. The temp probe is k style which I don't overly like so I bought a thermo couple from cooper adkins and I checked a red cooper adkins temperature box against the UEi and it was within a degree and twice as fast as copper adkins red box. The only problem is when it gets to 32 degrees they start slowing down fast. And that is my only complaint with it.