Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ICEE..... anybody work there? thoughts as a company?

I got a phone call from ICEE today and they were pretty happy to stumble across my resume, apparently there arent too many techs around here LOOKING for a career. She said she has only gotten a bunch of resumes from people with zero experience.... I was wondering how they are as a company to work for, I am supposed to call them back in the next couple weeks to set up an interview because I am not available untill October. However the lady said that they were interested in having me interview soon anyway!

I don't know anyone that works there but I have seen one of their trucks around my area. It was a f450 with a service body and a small crane on it. Pretty nice rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

The person I spoke to made it sound REALLY enticing, I'm assuming the pay has to be decent at least. Sticky syrup crap must suck, but once you get past that it doesnt seem like a bad gig at all...

Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    The person I spoke to made it sound REALLY enticing, I'm assuming the pay has to be decent at least. Sticky syrup crap must suck, but once you get past that it doesnt seem like a bad gig at all...
    I was just wondering if it was ICEE like the Slurpee.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I was just wondering if it was ICEE like the Slurpee.
    yeah. I'm not too sure exactly HOW technical it would be refrigerationwise, or if it would be more just unclogging sticky syrup tubes and crap like that.... Ehhhh I guess an interview cant hurt. lol

yeah. I'm not too sure exactly HOW technical it would be refrigerationwise, or if it would be more just unclogging sticky syrup tubes and crap like that.... Ehhhh I guess an interview cant hurt. lol
    Always nice to have options.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

I met a tech from ICEE over the summer. He was changing out a comppresor. Told me they were short handed and had plenty of work. Seemed happy to me and had a nice truck also.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Hoping I can get in there... that way a few years later I can just transfer within company if I ever wanna move outta state. I saw they are looking for a tech in Hawaii too... HMMMM

I hated working on that type of equipment.

The refrigeration system has to be running exactly right to keep the mix within a very narrow temperature band.

The syrup/water mix, called Brix, also has to be set precisely.

A lot of cleaning/maintenance type work to keep them running right.

I wasn't unhappy when our customer contracted Icee to do their FCB machines.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I only saw 2 that were close to bad out of 7... Even the bad ones said it was a pretty good gig, just no growth potential... Which if I'm getting paid enough, I'm getting paid enough, I can wait for the growth.

@JP I 100% don't know if i'd like dealing with the sticky a$$ syrups and crap like that... guess I'll keep looking while I wait for this interview.

@JP I 100% don't know if i'd like dealing with the sticky a$$ syrups and crap like that... guess I'll keep looking while I wait for this interview.
    Heck, I'd rather deal with the sticky than with the goop that grows in most refrigerated cases. You'd be amazed and disgusted to know what is living just a few inches from the food that you eat from grocery stores. At least the sticky crap isn't as likely to kill me or make me ill.

It's just the machine itself. Zero room for error. Good enough, ISN'T.

Good enough, ISN'T
    I like that saying....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast