Tridium Trending

I was wondering how to set up multiple trends on Tridium? The customer is wanting certain points on each unit trended all of the time. Is there a way to link the trend to the main graphic of each controller?

Thanks!
    J. King

Sure, just add a bound label (or hyperlink label) and have it point to history:/StationName/HistoryName. Or just right click and choose "Copy" from the tree on the left and paste (Ctrl+V) in (alot easier).

Quote Originally Posted by elitecodex View Post
    Sure, just add a bound label (or hyperlink label) and have it point to history:/StationName/HistoryName. Or just right click and choose "Copy" from the tree on the left and paste (Ctrl+V) in (alot easier).
    are these labels in the kitpx tools menu?
    J. King

Just add a pop up binding and call it done

Yes... or you can use a standard bound label. The bound label binding has a "Hyperlink" field which serves the same purpose. Its up to you.

I was trying to set up some trends for some of the VAVs. How can I create a new trend? Can I just drag the points I want to trend? The customer is wanting multiple items trended for all of the VAVs. Will this slow things down a lot? Is trending every controller a bad idea?
    J. King

Depends on your setup and hardware. As long as your size limits are decent the limitation comes down to the file descriptors (each history uses 1). I believe you are allowed 1500 or 2000 in that ballpark... there is a link/document somewhere that lists the recommendations per piece of hardware but I don't know off hand where its at. I think your safe under 1500 but anymore then you may want to find that link.

Keep in mind, that only applies as long as you keep your record size limits to a decent amount... you can have 500 histories and run out of disk space if you set things wrong.

I had a customer one time change the history setup of the LogHistory to unlimited and it locked up the jace.. that was a fun day

To add another history, just drag the extension (cov or interval - make sure you have the proper type (boolean, numeric, etc)) to the point, set the name and record size, then change enabled to true and as long as it doesn't go in fault your good to go.