Thread: Long time observer/short te

Post Likes

Long time observer/short te

Alcoholics anonymous, I got the right place right. Haha jk and no offense to anyone because AA has worked wonders for many people. OK well Ike I have said I have followed this site in the past but have never posted. Don't know why but mainly I guess I don't want to accidentally say something stupid or offensive. But hey that's how we learn so here goes anything. There, are some very intelligent and knowledgeable mechanics who I am currently trying to stay as motivated and ambitious as possible as I change gears in my life and move on from the busUnless that has done everything from put food on my table t
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes

As I previously stated I'm new t I being involved to even forums In general

I had meant to start off with long time observer/short time forum involvement. So to start out on the getting involved on here this is....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman7997 View Post
    Alcoholics anonymous, I got the right place right. Haha jk and no offense to anyone because AA has worked wonders for many people. OK well Iike I have said I have followed this site in the past but have never posted. Don't know why but mainly I guess I don't want to accidentally say something stupid or offensive. But hey that's how we learn so here goes anything. There, are some very intelligent and knowledgeable mechanics who I am currently trying to stay as motivated and ambitious as possible as I change gears in my life and move on from the configurable but equally as stressful family business my father started in 1976 too suppoRt and make lifts easier on his wife and 8 kids. It has done everything from put food on my table to finance my way through college. my father and I feel that experiencing a job somewhere else in this trade wherever that may be but definitely not for his competitors.

Post Likes
    hard to follow the train of thought there, but a different experience will be an eye opener- different: operation, equipment, environment,......
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes

Hello everyone my name is Dan and I somehow posted my intro that even confused me...

I knew what I was trying to say but I'm not sure if it was due to the tapatalk app I used or my tablet. Either way I would like to start off on the right foot. My sincere apologies to all I thoroughly confused and also the site administrators/moderators. I hope I get it right this time and by no means did I intentionally post such an unexplainable and almost inappropriate post. All that aside I'm glad to finally start interacting and maybe do it in a fashion that can be understood. Any and all constructive criticism or comments on how I should post in the future would be of great add I have used these as well as many other forums for valuable information and resources. So with that being said will you give me another chance to introduce myself???
    Hi my name is Dan. I have used these forums for quite a while now for the sake of obtaining info and reading experiences that just seem to similar to my own haha. Ok so with over 9 years experience in commercial HVAC and refrigeration, refrigeration license, EPA certified, bachelors in science and a motivation to learn and help others I'd like to get involved with this community of fellow mechanics. currently I'm unemployed due to the fact that working at a successful family business was not meant for me I suppose. Yeah doesn't make sense but for reasons I have trouble comprehending at times and finally with the approval of my boss/father I am gonna mix things up and find a new job in the same field (HVAC/refrigeration) without the idea of basically landing a career due to my father building and owning a well respected and honorable company. With the help of my three brothers employed there as well they have and will continue to provide my father with more than enough help in all areas of the business. Maybe I'll end up back there someday but at the very least I hope to gain more knowledge and better myself in this ever changing always growing field. That being said I'm sorry for my initial introduction and please feel free to comment, criticize, help etc. as this will be a new chapter in life and I'd like to involve myself within this community. I promise to make my posts a lot briefer in the future haha that's if this post comes out the way I wrote it.

Post Likes
    don't worry about the text issue- it's gonna happen

poke around the open forums, get that post count up, get pro status and get behind the closed door where the info flows
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Thank you dandyme. I needed hear at least one response before I started posting in the open forums. Much gratitude to your understanding and please feel free to provide any further advice as I don't want to stir any trouble by posting incorrectly. Ok so here goes my new beginning.

Post Likes
    Good luck. There is so much to be learned from this forum, some extremely smart guys on here that are willing to help all they can. Some on here are just trying to pick fights and bicker amongst each other which does no good for anyone, but the mods do a great job of keeping the forum professional. It keeps you sharp reading and commenting on posts, lots of times it leads me to researching topics that I don't quite understand or have never experienced. Like dandy said get your post count up and apply for pro status. Best of luck to you in your new behinning

Post Likes
    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Thanks jtrammel for the welcome and I'm working on trying to get some posts in the forums. I Although it is rather tough to discuss some points or ideas in the forums all the while thinking it may be too much info for DIY. I feel like I'm playing that game taboo. Haha, and can you guys recommend forums to start a in. I hope you are enjoying your labor day weekend in the mean time.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Welcome here Dan!

Don't forget to apply for Pro membership!

Post Likes
    Welcome to the club

From dc

Post Likes
    Ok thanks chuck but my problem has been locating my documentation but I have found everything except my refund license. I lost my wallet a short while back. Never realized how much of a pain it is too lose my wallet as it is my first and better be last time.

Post Likes
    I'd try to avoid the AOP Forums until you're fully vetted by both the membership committee and the AOP Committee. The rest are open to you.

Forums like this one take a bit of getting used to, both in communicating clearly and interpreting what others are trying to say. It is a learning process, for sure.

Actually, you have enough posts to apply for Professional Membership, now.

Post Likes
    Welcome to the site. And don't worry about the webcam. The mods don't turn yours on until you get pro status. We won't be able to see you until then!

Post Likes
    Thanks jp Smith, toone and iron pitch. I appreciate the fact of you guys taking a timeout in your obviously, busy lives and greeting a complete stranger with one "small" thing in common. I was referring to our livelihoods so you can turn your Web camera back on iron pitch haha. On a serious note it feels good to know the amount of people out there who take pride in this very diversified field. I am hoping to learn more knowledge from the older (more experienced guys I should say) and to from the mistakes of novices. Either way hope all continue to be safe on the job, good luck and gods speed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in