+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microzones PSI XPSI

Post Likes

Microzones PSI XPSI

I now have several customers who have Network 8000 controls installed on their site, but have been abandoned by their service provider. Unfortunately, most do not have budgets that allow them to replace the many Microzone 2 controllers or VAV controllers. It has been a couple years since I have connected to the controllers. I had used XPSI or PSI software to direct connect to the Microzones. Is there any other options for connecting to the Microzone 2 controllers? If not, does anyone have the software available to direct connect to Microzone 2 controllers?

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes

MZ's

You have some options. The MZ2 and VAV controllers may not need to be replaced. Do you have the ability to sell them an AX box with the ASD driver? That's a good fix to any front end problems they are having. They probably either had a Host-8000, Signal, or Ultivist front end that died. Are the controllers still working? I would bet they are. You said they have no budget to replace them, but they could put an AX box in and replace any MZ2's that don't work for far less than a complete new system. They have options, they just need to get the right people involved who have experience with those systems. You may want to sub-contract some of it out and then you look like a hero to the customer.

Post Likes
    Niagara AX is what we will install at one customers site. The other customer has issues with a MZ2 controlling a RTU right now. My interest right now is to take a look into the MZ2. However, I believe that they too will also need to replace some GCMs at some point in the near future.

Post Likes
    You may want to inform your customer that the NETWORK 8000 system is no longer being supported or promoted by SCHNIEDER electric from the factory side.

Compomnents for GCM and MZII boards are no longer abvailable so the NETWORK 8000 has been discontinued.
    Rebuild service is available from a 3rd party vendor.

Post Likes
    Check you're email

Post Likes
    I did not get your email, but that is alright. Customer was able to locate PSI and I was able to access controller logic and resolved their current issue. I am certainly interested in getting more info on AX ASD integrations. Thanks for your help anyway.

Post Likes
    I could use a copy od XPSI to program an old network 8000.

Anybody please and thanks

email me

Post Likes
    yr email address bounced my msg back!!

email me and that way I get yr correct address.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    I can tell you from ekp. that the isoft GCM and ASD drivers both work. The GCM driver is very quick tot setup. Email me/PM if you need any help setting one up, i'd be glad to assist. I could give ya some tips over the phone if your going that route.

Steve

Post Likes
    Im also in the same position. I ran into a network 8000 controller with MZ controllers connected. There is no computer hooked up to the GCM but there is a keypad and screen on the front of it. No matter what buttons I pushed I couldn't do anything. Im convinced that the problem I ran into is just a setpoint adjustment. There isnt anything too complicated in this building. Its just small apartments with fintube valves and space sensors. Does anyone know how to navigate the front screen on the GCM?

Post Likes
    You can hook into a gcm by pluging a modem cable into the left side, the. Plugging it into your computers serial port. Open up hyper terminal or putty set baud to 9600. 8 data bits no parity 1 stop bit, will give you access to the gcms terminal if the one on front is dead

Post Likes
    Is there a way to get into the system using the front panel?

Post Likes
    Keypad is PASSWORD protected , if you can get into it , you can do " just about " anything using the keypad that you can with a computer / laptop hooked up to it.

Is there anything showing on the display ? , Date / Time ?

Post Likes
    Yes there is the date and time on the font. Theres a couple others thngs too but I dont remember what it says without being on site. I think I know what the user name and password is but no matter what I pushed I couldnt do anything.

Post Likes
    WHich keypad is on the front, the small one with UP, LEFT, RIGHT and DOWN, or the full alpha numreic?

There is a back door password that can be calculated form Date and Time(dont know if it should be published here though)

Post Likes
    Its the full alpha numeric. I was looking at some past threads on here about the backdoor password. I think it was posted back around 2006 some guy was pretty upset about that I think he is banned though. That thread may have been edited to remove the formula ill have to look for it again. I just want to know why its such a secret. Isnt N8k obsolete?

Post Likes
    the NETWORK 8000 is supposedly no longer supported , rebuilds are available for the boards .

Reason many are leary of posting the ACCESS codes ios that there is still a lot of it installed and a lot of broom pushers who can mess things up by getting access.

Since you said that the DISPLAY was showing Date / Time press the ENT button , should give you the prompt for KEYPAD CODE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post
    Yes there is the date and time on the font.
    ...check yr Private Messages old fella

Post Likes
    Hello couod you share it?,
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Check your spam folder. I was sent from Dropbox

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in