Work orders received electronically??

I have a question for those of you who are working in an environment where you receive your work orders electronically. Could you please share your company's method of communicating with their service people? Currently I work for a service provider who uses a combination of cell phones and laptops, with air cards, to dispatch work assignments. There have been issues due to the fragile nature of laptops and power cords. I'm thinking of combining everything into one bundle, such as a smart phone with a docking station.

Iphones are not in the mix because our system is not compatible with Apple.

Thanks.

Motorola makes a platform that service experts uses. It runs on windows mobile, and is quite rugged.
    You can use Bluetooth for a printer and CC reader, and have gps as well.
    They're quite expensive, at $4000 a piece.

Sounds interesting. Do you know what this model is called?

We use a program called 360. It dispatches the work order to the tech through email. Then you can acknowledge the work order on your smart phone or laptop.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Whatever you do, stay away from the desco service management software. My company uses it for our Android phones and it sucks.

I am in house but I dont see it really being any different. The program we use is called Workspeed. It works on iphones, blackberrys and droids. Would actually work pretty well for service techs. You get an email and a message on your workspeed program. You then accept and get another message that you then close when you are done with work. You put your time right in the work order completion along with any comments you may have.

We use four carbon copy paper and fill them out by hand. And sometimes I ride a dinosaur to work.

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    We use four carbon copy paper and fill them out by hand. And sometimes I ride a dinosaur to work.
    You can recieve the job information anyway your company wants to deliver it to you via smart phone, telephone, text etc.

You do the Work Order in the field electronically.

www.mymobileworkorders.com

Check it out for yourself:

Username: H-Talk

Password: Member

Starting next spring we will be introducing a stand alone software for Andriod devices. No internet required to complete Work Orders just upload and download to our server when you are able to connect to wi fi. The server will upload your Work Orders and download the other technicians Work Orders into your devices internal memory so you can now search and access all the companies data base that has been uploaded.

Using this system for a couple of maintenance seasons and most all the current customers will be contained in the devices internal memory.

If the device goes bad the server has stored all the company data and can re-load it onto another device.

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post

JASON sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

I've used this product. When you're done with the call, you can email the completed work tickets to yourself, your customers, etc.
    http://findaccountingsoftware.com/di...ies/mobiletec/