+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: copper theft

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newstudent View Post
    "Was Zimmerman provoking Treyvon Martin? "

the court will decide that and, Stand your ground laws will hopefully be rulled unconstitutional; if these types of laws allow vigilanties to go around shooting unarmed teenagers, we dont' need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I don't agree with throwing out "stand your ground" laws altogether. I don't know how the Florida law is written, but I'm pretty sure that in Texas following and confronting someone on the street, that was not positively known to be engaging in a crime against a person or property, would be considered to be provoking them, and would smoke a persons "stand your ground" protection.

The problem is, we don't know exactly what happened that led to the physical confrontation. There were not direct eye witnesses, and dead men tell no tails, so we only have one side of the story.
    The known events leading up to it sure make it seem fishy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by newstudent View Post
    Criminals have more rights than victims......."well you're one stupid idiot if you give the scumbag the time so you can figure out he's armed or not. "

Well following your beliefs, you'd also be pretty stupid to shoot someone and then spend your life behind bars?

Given the number of people found innocent and taken off death row, I'd trust a jury of my peers about as far as I could throw them.
    The point is: When some idiot thinks they can charge me on MY PROPERTY... they have already stepped over the line. What ever happened to respect for private property? What is the perp doing on my property? Do they have a reason to be there (remember that word trespassing)? Whatever business they have with me can be conducted from the curb-line.

What this freedom of use of deadly force is about is: to teach the average Joe to respect others. Now I know that sound so HORRIBLE... until you are the one with hoodlums charging your family on your property.... So tell me: What would YOU do if threatened? Call the cops? They will be at least 30 min getting there... they do not want to get in a gun-fight any more than you do. NO, there are times when a person has to protect themselves... and to take away that right is to give criminals free reign.

Again, I ask you libs: Answer what YOU would do if you wifey and kids were threatened by someone intent on doing harm... and the ONLY way was to stop it NOW, and on your own? And as far as I am concerned: Any lib that conveniently does not answer the question... is a wimp... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I don't like being one of the ones quoted ahead of "Again, I ask you libs"!
    Them fightin words!

In your example, of course you exercise precise gun control, and put 2 center mass in each one.

If it is a couple of dirtbags walking down the street in a place not normally populated by dirtbags, observe but don't confront.

Post Likes
    Them fightin words!

In your example, of course you exercise precise gun control, and put 2 center mass in each one.

If it is a couple of dirtbags walking down the street in a place not normally populated by dirtbags, observe but don't confront.
    I see it as asking someone to make a decision and speak it out... I have a Washington ($1 bill) that says they will not respond... they never do. The point was to put a liberal on the spot to answer a question they like to ignore...

If you are not comfortable being part of making a liberal accountable... not a problem.

Have a GREAT one!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Them fightin words!

Exactly! Protect your family and property. No point in looking for trouble, but be aware of your surroundings.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in