Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So the contractor I'm leaning towards gave me the AHRI cert on the matched system with the 4A6H3036 heat pump. The numbers are very similar to the 4A6H5036 but with better heating numbers just as you had mentioned. One of the reasons he mentioned for the price diff is the quietness of the 4A6H5036. Do you think the db level is that much different? Also, is an HSPF difference of 0.5 (9.0 vs 8.5) noticeable?

The sound rating # is identical, both are 75db. The 3 ton 15 SEER now uses a recip compressor. In the past it used a scroll. Cost cutting I guess.

The .5 HSPF point will make a slight difference in heating cost.

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

4,600 Cooling Degree Days (CDD) is average for Portland OR
    72,000,000 BTU/Yr _ ~ for 2,000 square feet [ 3-ton]
    $0.10 /kw-Hr [ Yours ? ]
    Heating Cost
    HSPF 9.0 $800 per year
    HSPF 8.5 $850 per year
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    Thanks Dan, I just saw this post and was getting ready to respond.

DNLY, we are in Portland and can do a full manual J load calc, it is also very likely that a 3 ton system "may" be oversized for your home. Our Portland climate rarely uses much cooling. When we come to your house we can show you savings based on our electric rates and your heat loss based on an 8.5 HSPF and a 9.0HSPF. We can also discuss noise levels of units and how it affects you. We are a Trane dealer and Trane makes American standard but has more options available because Trane is their top of the line equipment.

Let me know if you need any local help.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12