Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,472

    Republican convention

    I have never been an enthusiastic supporter of Romney, But, his VP pick nailed it as the man I really wish could be president. Great pick. So I fully support Romney now.

    Great speakers at the convention. I especially liked Condi Rice. She spoke about international policy mostly, expected from a former Secretary of State. I also noticed she wore a little number that was 'above the knees', a tad risque. Now she has knees like anyone, but they are not knotty or bumpy from her upper thighs to her calves so it is a smooth to smooth transition, rather sexy. She was not overly wearing make-up in a tasteful fashion, and her hair was nice.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,944
    Agreed, good observation there Tool. I too would have loved for a real conservative to get the nomination but his pick for the VP certainly is. Sure better than commie loving anti American President and his Red agenda for America. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,472
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Agreed, good observation there Tool. I too would have loved for a real conservative to get the nomination but his pick for the VP certainly is. Sure better than commie loving anti American President and his Red agenda for America. Thank you, thank you very much
    Paul Ryan pretty much turned my apathy into enthusiasm. Mitt can be a centrist if he needs to be or wants to be, but if Ryan is an example of the type of man he can pick to delegate things to,.. good judgement. I now fully support Romney. After listening to Ryan speak, I am beginning to have some HOPE for CHANGE. We do need that commie out of the White-house, but I do not care to replace him with a socialist-lite guy. Ryan gives me real hope, and some confidence in Romney.

    I should probably add that Condi has nice legs. I had commented on them earlier and did not intend to suggest that she should not be displaying them. I am perfectly OKAY with that.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 08-30-2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Condi
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I have never been an enthusiastic supporter of Romney, But, his VP pick nailed it as the man I really wish could be president. Great pick. So I fully support Romney now.

    Great speakers at the convention. I especially liked Condi Rice. She spoke about international policy mostly, expected from a former Secretary of State. I also noticed she wore a little number that was 'above the knees', a tad risque. Now she has knees like anyone, but they are not knotty or bumpy from her upper thighs to her calves so it is a smooth to smooth transition, rather sexy. She was not overly wearing make-up in a tasteful fashion, and her hair was nice.

    Us Dems are also enthusiastic over Ryans nomination for the VP spot.

    We absolutely love the fact that Mitty has brought a women alienating, rape is no excuse, lets give tax cuts to the rich and cut medicare to seniors, tea party A$$ kisser to his team.

    I'm sure it will make Mitty the sure winner for all you conservlicans in November.

    Sorry Tool, tried to bite my tongue again but just couldn't do it.


    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    But how much influence would the V.P, have?

    The first vice-president under George Washington was John Adams, who described his position as "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.

    Or put a bit less subtly by John Nance Garner, who served for two terms as vice-president with Franklin Roosevelt: The vice-presidency "isn't worth a pitcher of warm piss."

    In a 1948 interview, Garner described the office as "almost wholly unimportant," and some years after that declared being vice president "was the worst thing that ever happened to me."



    ...Ryan is saleable and credible as a potential future president, the main function of a vice-president. He has enlivened the conservative base of the Republican Party, brought in even more money for Romney and created a more definite right-left division with the Democrats. An articulate speaker, he will easily handle himself in his debate with Vice-President Joe Biden.

    Yet the most telling remark was Romney's correction of who was calling the shots. Ryan suggested if he and Romney are elected his Tea Party-endorsed budget will be implemented. Romney quickly countered that idea. "I have my budget plan," he said. "And that's the budget plan we're going to run on."


    For the most part, there is a truism about an American election campaign articulated by an aide to Hubert Humphrey, who was vice-president under Johnson. "Once the election is over," he said, "the vice-president's usefulness is over. He's like the second stage of a rocket. He's damn important going into orbit, but he's always thrown off to burn up in the atmosphere."

    Some political observers believe in the event of a Romney victory, Ryan will be a vice-president more like Cheney than LBJ -- that despite Romney's claim to the contrary, Ryan will indeed influence policy in a Romney administration.

    From Romney's point of view, the media attention on Ryan for the next few months is bound to boost support from American conservatives who wondered about Romney's commitment to their cause.

    "Let's win the election first," you can almost hear Romney telling Ryan, "and then we'll see about your role."
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...wAllComments=y
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,472
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Us Dems are also enthusiastic over Ryans nomination for the VP spot.

    We absolutely love the fact that Mitty has brought a women alienating, rape is no excuse, lets give tax cuts to the rich and cut medicare to seniors, tea party A$$ kisser to his team.

    I'm sure it will make Mitty the sure winner for all you conservlicans in November.

    Sorry Tool, tried to bite my tongue again but just couldn't do it.


    .
    I understand what you and printer are saying and do not doubt it, but the repubs need Ryan to enthuse voters that are rather cold to Romney. I don't think whether the dems loath him or not will matter at the polls. Plus, I cannot wait to see the VP debate, I consider that a 'must see' event.

    I agree with printer, beyond the election results, the VP is usually in the same function as a spare tire.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,866
    I can't wait for the VP debate also, it will be fun to see Ryan squirm when he is confronted about coupon-care.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems refuse to let Biden participate. Everytime he opens his mouth he inserts his foot. Ryan should eat him for lunch in a debate. Of course that's assuming that it won't be the typical media bias that has taken place in the past. You know, nice marshmellow questions for Biden and actual relevant questions for the Reps.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Paul Ryan pretty much turned my apathy into enthusiasm. Mitt can be a centrist if he needs to be or wants to be, but if Ryan is an example of the type of man he can pick to delegate things to,.. good judgement. I now fully support Romney. After listening to Ryan speak, I am beginning to have some HOPE for CHANGE. We do need that commie out of the White-house, but I do not care to replace him with a socialist-lite guy. Ryan gives me real hope, and some confidence in Romney.

    I should probably add that Condi has nice legs. I had commented on them earlier and did not intend to suggest that she should not be displaying them. I am perfectly OKAY with that.
    Toolies got a girlfriend, Toolies got a girlfriend...neener neener neener.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Toolies got a girlfriend, Toolies got a girlfriend...neener neener neener.
    Actually, I approached her once, but she did not take to my 'come on line'. After she body-slammed me and put the restraining order on, I am basically content to admire her from a safe distance.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Toolies got a girlfriend, Toolies got a girlfriend...neener neener neener.
    I was taking the high road and was not going to mention it but now that it is out in the open...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlnMveRt-Y
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Actually, I approached her once, but she did not take to my 'come on line'. After she body-slammed me and put the restraining order on, I am basically content to admire her from a safe distance.

    MMMmmmmm.........body-slammed...............

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Actually, I approached her once, but she did not take to my 'come on line'. After she body-slammed me and put the restraining order on, I am basically content to admire her from a safe distance.
    She is a very talented lady, that is for sure. And, obviously with great wisdom and taste to boot.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event