+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will work for peanut shells in central Massachusetts area

Post Likes

Will work for peanut shells in central Massachusetts area

Does anybody know where I can find work as a maint. tech or apprentice? Have schooling, EPA cert, oil burner lic. Not asking for much $$.... just a chance to gain some experience

Post Likes
    You should be able to find a job with an oil company. Fall and winter is coming and there is always a need for burner mechanics. You'll probably be cleaning boilers for the first year or two but will gain experience. I'd drop by every oil/propane co in your area. You should be able to find something. Good luck...
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Post Likes
    I have tried a handful of them..said they would be in touch, but this was a month ago and it was still 90 degrees.

Post Likes
    This is the attitude that broke me into the trade.
    Keep a good attitude and you will get there

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    look up B&B mechanical, ICEE, Berry Mechanical, New England Cooling Towers.... And check your resume. Be sure that when somebody is reading it, they feel like they just got punched in the face with the best resume they ever read. Write intelligently, but not like a professor. My resume is what I like to call a "Kick in the d!ck" style resume. Everybody that reads mine says WOW! you'll get a gig. just be patient, but hustle at the same time. Spread yourself all over the place, Google map HVAC Contractors and write a list down, map it out print up your resume and POUND PAVEMENT!!!!

Post Likes
    check out www.thebluebook.com type in aircondtioning pick area of the state listed ..search it then hit contractors (***) total for listing of most of the companies up there.good source addresses,websites,numbers
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    check out www.thebluebook.com type in aircondtioning pick area of the state listed ..search it then hit contractors (***) total for listing of most of the companies up there.good source addresses,websites,numbers
    what he said!! then print out resumes and POUND PAVEMENT!!! get er done!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    look up B&B mechanical, ICEE, Berry Mechanical, New England Cooling Towers.... And check your resume. Be sure that when somebody is reading it, they feel like they just got punched in the face with the best resume they ever read. Write intelligently, but not like a professor. My resume is what I like to call a "Kick in the d!ck" style resume. Everybody that reads mine says WOW! you'll get a gig. just be patient, but hustle at the same time. Spread yourself all over the place, Google map HVAC Contractors and write a list down, map it out print up your resume and POUND PAVEMENT!!!!
    Alright let's see this kick in the d*ck resume lol.

Post Likes
    My resume is pretty good, except the fact that I have little experience, other than school and some heating system work, that I've done over the last few yrs and can't prove. BTW, " kick in the dick " style resume..LOL...My search goes on!

Post Likes
    You dont need to PROVE anything on your resume. You need to prove it once they hire you! make a "SKILLS" section on your resume, put that in, also add the parts in school that you excelled in!

Post Likes
    Resume??? What is that a french desert?

Post Likes
    Sorry, it wouldnt let me upload it, I had to copy and paste it. So it threw off some of the way it organized, but if not a kick in the D!ck, its still a sack whack!! LOL

Shawn T. Bresnahan 14 Perley St., Lynn, MA 01905 (857) 251-2432 SBresnahan22@gmail.com

HVAC TECHNICIAN

A mechanically inclined entrepreneur with 2 years HVAC and over 8 years experience in building and housing maintenance with excellent customer service skills. Implements a strong mechanical aptitude, and troubleshooting skills for solving complex problems. Applies persistence and resourcefulness to yield positive results.

SKILLS

Electrical and Mechanical Troubleshooting Air Conditioning Temperature Control Systems
    Refrigeration Low Voltage Controls Motor Diagnosis
    Gas Heat Heat Pumps Oil Heat

EXPERIENCE
    DC HVAC, Lynn, MA 2010 to Present
    HVAC Apprentice
    Served as maintenance technician for commercial and residential air conditioning and heating units.
    Assisted in change outs and new installs of heating and air conditioning equipment.
    Changed out filters and belts according to a scheduled PM contract.
    Learned the proper recovery and recycling techniques for refrigerants.
    Used proper electrical troubleshooting techniques to identify and solve problems in systems.
    Cleaned rooftop and residential condenser coils as needed.

Lynn Housing Authority, Lynn, MA 2004 to 2011
    Maintenance Technician
    Provided repair and maintenance services on all rental apartments and buildings including turning apartments over for rental, making general carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs on occupied and unoccupied units. Rotated on-call weekends with other staff. Involved in all aspects of construction and maintenance for over 800 rental apartments from duplexes to 100+ unit buildings.
    Taught newer technicians the most efficient way of getting the jobs done that were required of them.
    Was dependable during emergency situations to be able to get to the job and come up with effective temporary and permanent solutions to many problems quickly.

EDUCATION
    Porter & Chester Institute HVAC 2011-2012
    Gas Heat (94.38%)
    Oil Heat (95.87%)
    Air Conditioning (95.37%)
    Refrigeration (to be completed October '12)

CERTIFICATIONS
    EPA Universal Certification
    410A Safety Certification
    HVAC Excellence A/C Certificate
    HVAC PM Tech Certificate
    OSHA 10 Certificate

Post Likes
    Oh is thats what that is, Can I copy and paste my name on it???

Post Likes
    "Mechanically inclined entrepreneur"
    would get it put right in my recycle bin. I don't want an entrepreneur. I want an employee.

I do like that it's focused on the trade you are applying for and experience relating to it. I don't need fancy descriptions of your high school as a fry cook job at the Golden Arches, or to know that you were on the high school debate team.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    would get it put right in my recycle bin. I don't want an entrepreneur. I want an employee.

I do like that it's focused on the trade you are applying for and experience relating to it. I don't need fancy descriptions of your high school as a fry cook job at the Golden Arches, or to know that you were on the high school debate team.
    well, you'd lose a good tech... apparently you wouldnt want a guy that "organizes, manages and assumes the risk of a business" as an employee. Basically, I work for companies like I own them myself. I dont B.S. I am a self starter, I take EVERYTHING I can imagine into consideration, I follow a strict line of leadership traits.... Thats me. Like somebody said to me recently on here "Good enough, ISN'T" Thats me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Oh is thats what that is, Can I copy and paste my name on it???
    you sure can, But apparently it'll be sitting in Petes recycling bin next to mine...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post

Thanks for that though. I put a little time into it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    well, you'd lose a good tech... apparently you wouldnt want a guy that "organizes, manages and assumes the risk of a business" as an employee. Basically, I work for companies like I own them myself.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be overly critical. I don't own the business that I work for but I am a manager and I do supervise several employees.

My experience with tradesmen that used to be owners is that they think they know more than the current owner, they know more than me, and this isn't their first rodeo. Entrepreneurs, or former entrepreneurs, don't make very good employees, in my experience.

Post Likes
    no offense taken at all. I was just busten em a lil

And I love any and all criticism. It's what makes you better as a person... well, if you can handle it that is! And since you are in a management role, do you have any other advice for my resume?

Post Likes
    sorry for the I was here to help you originally... Any luck with BlueBook yet? I found it pretty resourceful..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in