Will work for peanut shells in central Massachusetts area - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "Mechanically inclined entrepreneur"
    would get it put right in my recycle bin. I don't want an entrepreneur. I want an employee.

I do like that it's focused on the trade you are applying for and experience relating to it. I don't need fancy descriptions of your high school as a fry cook job at the Golden Arches, or to know that you were on the high school debate team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    would get it put right in my recycle bin. I don't want an entrepreneur. I want an employee.

I do like that it's focused on the trade you are applying for and experience relating to it. I don't need fancy descriptions of your high school as a fry cook job at the Golden Arches, or to know that you were on the high school debate team.
    well, you'd lose a good tech... apparently you wouldnt want a guy that "organizes, manages and assumes the risk of a business" as an employee. Basically, I work for companies like I own them myself. I dont B.S. I am a self starter, I take EVERYTHING I can imagine into consideration, I follow a strict line of leadership traits.... Thats me. Like somebody said to me recently on here "Good enough, ISN'T" Thats me.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Oh is thats what that is, Can I copy and paste my name on it???
    you sure can, But apparently it'll be sitting in Petes recycling bin next to mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post

Thanks for that though. I put a little time into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    well, you'd lose a good tech... apparently you wouldnt want a guy that "organizes, manages and assumes the risk of a business" as an employee. Basically, I work for companies like I own them myself.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be overly critical. I don't own the business that I work for but I am a manager and I do supervise several employees.

My experience with tradesmen that used to be owners is that they think they know more than the current owner, they know more than me, and this isn't their first rodeo. Entrepreneurs, or former entrepreneurs, don't make very good employees, in my experience.

no offense taken at all. I was just busten em a lil

And I love any and all criticism. It's what makes you better as a person... well, if you can handle it that is! And since you are in a management role, do you have any other advice for my resume?

sorry for the I was here to help you originally... Any luck with BlueBook yet? I found it pretty resourceful..

you probably been on HVACAGENT but going to the end of the listings there are more companies shown for some reason
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I think what Pete is saying is related to being over-qualified. I experienced it first hand with my last job. Although, it wasn't HVAC, I'm sure it doesn't change with different lines of work. It creates a problem. No doubt about it... Here's the thing...I never worked for an HVAC company and other than school, I can't prove the little experience I do have...and SBres22 I did find bluebook.com resourceful...found a few more companies that i will apply to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie74 View Post
    I think what Pete is saying is related to being over-qualified. I experienced it first hand with my last job. Although, it wasn't HVAC, I'm sure it doesn't change with different lines of work. It creates a problem. No doubt about it... Here's the thing...I never worked for an HVAC company and other than school, I can't prove the little experience I do have...and SBres22 I did find bluebook.com resourceful...found a few more companies that i will apply to.
    I guess you could call it a false feeling of overqualification. I would say it has more to do with an abundance of confidence in one's ability to make business decisions that inhibit one's ability to take instruction. What a lot of those guys fail to recognize is that the very fact that they went out of business and are no longer an entrepreneur shows an inability to make those decisions. It also leads me to think that this guy might try to go into business again and try to take my clients.

Back to the resume' tips, I would emphasize communications skills if you are applying for a resi or light commercial service tech job, and ability to take direction and interpret plans and specifications if it is an install job. With a resume' that is light on journeyman level experience you have to emphasize skills, and the example resume' is pretty good on that.

https://uglunicco.tms.hrdepartment.c...jobs_quick.cgi

Check out the above website. I work for the company as maintenence technician currently working towards my refer license. I work in a commercial building complex with 9 building and 650,000 sq ft about 83% occupied. It a nationwide company. Good benefits, 401K, sick, vacation and personal time, tuition reimbersments and they have always treated me well. I have worked for them for 4 years. Good luck with the job search.

That is a good looking resume I must say so. I am going to rewrite mine ASAP!

Thanks Matt... I checked out the website, unfortunately they are not hiring anywhere close to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast