New to hvac/r field

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself i plan to use this site a lot. Im 19 years old and just about to finish at ATI las vegas for my hvac/r certification. ive delved into heat pumps, gas furnaces, commercial and residential units so far and ive got a knack for it of course with the economy finding a job even here in vegas where its 85 degrees or high 9 months out of the year finding a entry level job has been hard. but im glad i found this site and maybe some of you hvac veterans can give me some pointers!
    thanks.

Welcome to the site. Grab some thick skin and jump right on in. Just post your questions and try to ignore the jerks. This is a really good source of information.

Great, thanks very much thorazine.

Welcome here!

I thinks that, you should research information on websites , i hope that you will be successful

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find the professional personalities here at HVAC TALK to be both helpful and courteous.

its good to see a new young buck stepping forward!
    In my opinion, this is the hardest and most technical of all trade industries, don't be discouraged if you don't know something, however be curious and perhaps you will learn it!

J-thetechwizard

thanks to everyone that welcomed me. pretty close to graduating now and im getting more and more excited to say that I'm hvac/r certified.

I started in the construction part of things. Mostly torching up copper in new supermarkets installing the refrigeration systems. It was a great place to start. If you can't get into the service end at first (which I think may be tough for a rookie) only because they seem to want someone who can dive right in and be in a service van by yourself. I'd say do everything you can to get into the service aspect of the business, only because I think it's more fun. But if you find it hard to get in there, try getting into the new construction part of it with the hopes to go where you want after you've got a few years under your belt.
    Good Luck! It's a good career choice.... There's always going to be a need to cool or heat things.
    Mark

Im pretty confident in my abilities now, im not as fast as a guy whose been doing it already but i do have the knowledge and confidents to be able to go up to any residential or even commercial hvac unit and Trouble shoot or repair it. my te

Quote Originally Posted by Robertwm18 View Post
    Im pretty confident in my abilities now, im not as fast as a guy whose been doing it already but i do have the knowledge and confidents to be able to go up to any residential or even commercial hvac unit and Trouble shoot or repair it. my te
    If you would like some valuable free advice, go check out the thread entitled "Any Help". That is a good example of how not to behave as the "new guy"

Welcome to the forum! The most talented and highly skilled people in the industry post here regularly. And then there's also folks like me.

I wish you the best of luck in your new career!
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson