york package unit 4 ton new compressor starts drops out out.

get call on new install compressor starts drops out get there works fine cycle unit works fine check amp draws wire connections cap all ok. leave get called back a week later doing same thing. any one else have any issues with yorks this year?

Drops out how on? Unit is out on oL I adsume and you cool it down and works fine? Make sure cond fan mtr is not dropping out.

Is comp scroll or recip

scroll its when i was able to observe it in action seemed like it would get started and drop out on run not going ol . fires runs bout 2 or 3 sec then hums 5 to 6 sec starts again olny seen it happen all other calls starts works fine go fig.

sounds like bad contacts in the contactor. bad capacitor. maybe replace the capacitor and ad a hard start kit.

caps good didnt think about the contactactor its a new unit so pads are good. didnt think it was chattering but will check it out i was thinking of putting megometer on compressor possibly the run windings integrity but the contactors a possibillity thanks for the input.

you have a weird one. the only times i have seen what your describing is if contactors are pitted, loose connections.

check compressor terminals, incoming voltage lines, check voltage drop across contactor. is this single phase or 3?

if something else on the circuit is pulling LRA it could cause the compressor to drop out

single checked connections will check contaactor thanks for input

check compressor terminal connections
    had same issues a while back ended up being one of the spade connections was loose causing it to go out on overload