Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

High suction pressure low to normal head?

It was about 100f ambient. 5ton 3 phase gas pack factory charged. I had fluctuating pressures and a temperature drop across liquid line drier. Removed it replace charged to factory charge. Now I have a suction pressure of 100 and discharge at 248 psi suction and evap sweating but no condensation draining from the condensate line. Good amps and good voltage. Im thinking dirty evap or maybe bad valves in the compressure only about 10f split across evap coil. and its r22. Any input appreciated.

What was the temperature inside the space? Sounds like the valves, could also be txv not seated properly. If there is one.

Moved thread to tech to tech commercial.

How about some line temp readings? Maybe some return air/supply air temps?

Also, and this is one of my pet peeves, I've yet to have a meter read "good"

Call a pro.

Think about what a dirty evap would cause.

I would say if your compressor is sweating really bad and or very cold your overfeeding .

If not I would suspect the valves ,scroll or internal relief is whacked.

To little info ,please log out and repost, include info from factory data tag
    mikeacman

Superheat? Subcooling? Economizer? Need more info.

248 seems pretty low for 100 degree ambient. 100 is definitely high. Amp draw should be low if the valves are going but the pressures do point to that without more data.

Where is that condensation going if not into the pan and drain? There can't be that much.

More data.

No txv carrier unit with a distributor and cap tubes the unit is about 20 years old. The room temp was 81.

Im thinking maybe dirty evap i vacuumed rust from drain pain really old unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo2611 View Post
    No txv carrier unit with a distributor and cap tubes the unit is about 20 years old. The room temp was 81.
    Still not enough info. Get superheat and subcooling data, return air wet bulb temp, and check your gauges to be sure they haven't whacked out on you.

No such thing as "good" in the field to pass as data.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Gonzo, if your evap was dirty you would have a low suction and low superheat.

Not dirty evap let that go. High suction low head, with 100 lb suc and 100 degree ambient your head should be quite a bit higher. Really need the amp draw of comp and rated RLA but appears to be a compressor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo2611 View Post
    Im thinking maybe dirty evap i vacuumed rust from drain pain really old unit.
    I can just about guarantee that thinking is wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast