Mitzubishi Mr. Slm

I've never seen snow legs on Mr slim HP inverter systems. Is this normal and/or legit?

They are supposed to be on legs or wall brackets in cold climates, those things make tons of ice in cold weather. I have seen a lot of coils ruptured from the ice when the water couldn't drain away.

All the ones we install get elevated at least 4", 8" if possible or on wall brackets. Also recommend the pan heater kit for areas that see a lot of high humidity during 20 - 30 weather.

Have always installed on conventional split H/P system to prevent ice damning but wasn't sure if Mr. slims had some type of built in feature or not. Thanks for the info. Are the Pan heater kits an accessory that can be bought from Mitsubishi or a universal part?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    They are supposed to be on legs or wall brackets in cold climates, those things make tons of ice in cold weather. I have seen a lot of coils ruptured from the ice when the water couldn't drain away.

All the ones we install get elevated at least 4", 8" if possible or on wall brackets. Also recommend the pan heater kit for areas that see a lot of high humidity during 20 - 30 weather.

You can buy the kit from Mitsubishi. Here is a sample, takes about 10 minutes to install.Name:  img_700x.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  15.9 KB

A less expensive option that has worked well for us is self regulating heat tape, just cut it to length and slip it under the coil.