Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 115
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post


    Stop hiding behind what you consider a wtty cme back. It evades a direct and legitimate question on the Digi Question.

    If you can't debate this issue in an intelligent manner than back off on your overzealous attempts to convert Testo and FP users to a gauge with less features and a crummy manifold. And most of all an owner who has it in for buyers who ask questions.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,672
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Stop hiding behind what you consider a wtty cme back. It evades a direct and legitimate question on the Digi Question.

    If you can't debate this issue in an intelligent manner than back off on your overzealous attempts to convert Testo and FP users to a gauge with less features and a crummy manifold. And most of all an owner who has it in for buyers who ask questions.
    What is there to debate? Yet again you started it and inserted yourself into a Digi-Cool thread with off the wall comments and you have no time with one. IMO Your question about distribution has nothing to do about the gauge itself. They had those refcos on the shelf at supply houses so your saying those deserved a place on the shelf over Digi-Cool?
    DC's sell. If you need nuts and bolts answers why they aren't in brick and mortar places like Johnstone or United your asking the wrong guy. I don't believe it is because the are substandard. Probably has to do with money. When things don't make sense it usually over love or money.
    The OP found a place to buy them. Are you assuming they are not selling as fast as they are making them and there is some stockpile sitting somewhere because nobody wants them?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    What is there to debate? Yet again you started it and inserted yourself into a Digi-Cool thread with off the wall comments and you have no time with one. IMO Your question about distribution has nothing to do about the gauge itself. They had those refcos on the shelf at supply houses so your saying those deserved a place on the shelf over Digi-Cool?
    DC's sell. If you need nuts and bolts answers why they aren't in brick and mortar places like Johnstone or United your asking the wrong guy. I don't believe it is because the are substandard. Probably has to do with money. When things don't make sense it usually over love or money.
    The OP found a place to buy them. Are you assuming they are not selling as fast as they are making them and there is some stockpile sitting somewhere because nobody wants them?
    No. My most distinguished supplier who sells American Standard says he's never heard of Digi Queen.. And coming from this guy it means they aren't worth carrying. And yet they have Testo in-stock as well FP , JB, Yellow Jacket Robby vacs.

    If they don't stock it, it means their customers don't want it.

    I won't argue Digi Queens don't sell, but the question is how many compared to other digitals?

    All the comments i get for my few returns and my one return of a Testo 557 were negative and dissed me for buying FP and TESTO. And all theses negative comments came from Digis owners (they identified them selves)

    So now that I am countering all the propaganda I received I have be come the bad guy.

    And yet here you are accusing me of off the wall comments that are in actuality documented facts.

    Digi sucks and that is my opinion.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    I have had the digicool ak900 since March. It is built very well and is easy to use, with no screen toggle needed. I love the ball valve manifold, I have no wishes to ever go back to anything else. I have had zero trouble with sensors. It is a small company, and I can phone the owner whenever I feel like doing so. I have asked Doug MANY questions, and he has been helpful 100% of the time. 100%.
    I don't try to sell them to other techs, but I hate to see someone else bashing them, without trying them, that is for sure.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    No. My most distinguished supplier who sells American Standard says he's never heard. And coming from this guy it means they aren't worth carrying.
    If they don't stock it, it means their customers don't want it.
    He hasn't seen them. So they are not worth carrying.

    Kind of like... If I hear of a small, non-chain restaurant 50 miles from me that I have never heard of previously... it just isn't worth checking out??? Even if 99% of the people who go there come back very satisfied???

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    He hasn't seen them. So they are not worth carrying.

    Kind of like... If I hear of a small, non-chain restaurant 50 miles from me that I have never heard of previously... it just isn't worth checking out??? Even if 99% of the people who go there come back very satisfied???
    If they were worth having don't you think the techs would be asking for them? If there is a demand then a supplier will order them to test the market.
    I was the only one who even inquired about them.

    Branch Mgr asked a couple young buck about Digi Cool....they weren't interested....they owned Testos and Sman3.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Barrie Ontario
    Posts
    318
    I find it funny that most guys here that bash testo or fp have actually used them and bash them for a reason and pick the dc products over them for a reason. I've used used the testo and to be quite honest I wouldn't use them if you gave them to me for free they suck. You have never even used the dc yet you bash them I wonder why oh wait I remember you have a personal issue with Doug , so untill you actually use them you're just talking smack for no reason.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Pretty simple....digi cool is a very small company, the owner Doug runs a HVAC company and does not have the time to put into his secondary business that a guy behind a desk does....but with that said he does have the experience and knowledge that it takes to make the tool that people in his trade needs.

    No one in my area had heard of digi cool either and I was shunned for buying the ak900...but once I put it to work next to the testo 550 that my instructor loved so much everyone wanted to borrow my gauges.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,579
    Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    I find it funny that most guys here that bash testo or fp have actually used them and bash them for a reason and pick the dc products over them for a reason. I've used used the testo and to be quite honest I wouldn't use them if you gave them to me for free they suck. You have never even used the dc yet you bash them I wonder why oh wait I remember you have a personal issue with Doug , so untill you actually use them you're just talking smack for no reason.
    Ding-a-ling-a-ling

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,672
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    No. My most distinguished supplier who sells American Standard says he's never heard of Digi Queen.. And coming from this guy it means they aren't worth carrying. And yet they have Testo in-stock as well FP , JB, Yellow Jacket Robby vacs.

    If they don't stock it, it means their customers don't want it.

    I won't argue Digi Queens don't sell, but the question is how many compared to other digitals?

    All the comments i get for my few returns and my one return of a Testo 557 were negative and dissed me for buying FP and TESTO. And all theses negative comments came from Digis owners (they identified them selves)

    So now that I am countering all the propaganda I received I have be come the bad guy.

    And yet here you are accusing me of off the wall comments that are in actuality documented facts.

    Digi sucks and that is my opinion.
    When you say they suck it is a fact only because you said it?
    Most the guys here could prove what they claim ....Good Bad or Indifferent.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    I don't have to own one. Although I have had the opportunity to use one from a poor misguided soul who made a bad buying decision. It was on a roof top and and he did not like the screen set up or the wimpy velcro sensors. I asked to monitor the system with his Digi Queens ...didn't like it. Screen was hard to see and the back lit was very dim.

    I offered him my Testo 557 to use and he was ape-**** happy with the pipe clamps.

    Evem tried my Sman and he like it.

    You would not know this gents screen name but I won't give it.

    But he saw thru the marketing the hype and bought a YJ digial wit micron gauge.

    Yes, he pulls a vac thru a good quality manifold using crts and vacuum rated hoses.

    When Digi-Queen gets into the suppliers where our local five percenters buy, (my self included...surprise) than I may have a change of heart....maybe.

    Digi-C

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,073
    Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    ..... so untill you actually use them you're just talking smack for no reason.
    I do believe this is the case for sure.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I found the testo was much harder on my eyes than the digi.....love the green backlight....I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event