Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Seems you guys who use Diggi Queens post more problems with the temp sensors than any other digital on the market.

My SMAN 3 and Testo 557 and 570 are going strong.
    When a temperature sensor fails, the Digi-Cool still performs it's core function of highly accurate pressure readings, and the corresponding PT relationship.
    You won't find complaints about pressure transducer failures and display failures on Digi-Cool gauges, or failures due to being left in the rain, or being dropped.

The Sman and Testo gauges have a history of pressure transducer and display failures, Don't do well when they get wet, and Testo gauges don't handle accidental drops or rough handling well.
    The many threads there have been about problems with Testo and Fieldpiece digital gauges are failures of the core function of the instrument.

When temperature sensors fail, you can break out a thermometer and some pipe probes and continue working, which is how I use mine anyway.
    If a pressure transducer or the display fail, the instrument is only useful as a paperweight.

I own 3 Testo manifolds, only my first generation 523 made it through its warranty period without multiple failures of the core function. One entered permanent paperweight status after its 4th pressure transducer failure because Testo stopped supporting it barely 4 years after the instrument was first introduced to the market.
    All 3 of them were transported and worked with out of padded cases.

I own 2 Digi-Cool products, one of them suffered a failure of a pressure transducer after just over 6 years of often less than gentle use, and 4 years after its production had ceased. It was back up and working like new within a week and a half of me calling in to ask if parts were still available for it.
    Neither one of them has ever seen the inside of a padded case.

Each brand has its advantages and disadvantages. Digi-Cool unquestionably is the champion of durability of the core instrument, but has had temperature sensor issues since day 1 with the old DRSA-1100.

Testo makes a nice compact product, and the temperature compensated timed pressure test function is a REALLY great feature, but Testo instruments have a history of chronic issues with durability of the core instrument.

I haven't used a SMAN, but they seem very user friendly, and I like that they will work with a range of easily obtainable temperature probes, but they are not even a little bit water resistant, and there are still some core instrument durability questions.
    I am tempted by the SMAN4 though. The idea of being able to receive real time evaporator entering air WB temperatures from a wireless transmitter, with on the fly target superheat calculations displayed, puts a smile on my face.
    I just wish the thing didn't look like Spoungebob.
    Last edited by mark beiser; 08-30-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Seems you guys who use Diggi Queens post more problems with the temp sensors than any other digital on the market.

Are you still carrying ice each day to calibrate those SMAN sensors???

Yeah....and how many times did you have to send that SMAN3 back to get it working right?

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Yeah....and how many times did you have to send that SMAN3 back to get it working right?
    If memory serves, he didn't get to use it on a system until he had the 3rd one in his hands.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    If memory serves, he didn't get to use it on a system until he had the 3rd one in his hands.
    My 1250 is 2.5 years old and never had to be sent back... I've even dropped it multiple times and got rained on several times. What am I doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    and i had to calibrate it only once since than. I am satisfied with my SMAN and would never own those Klown Gauges by Digi Queen.

MyTesto 557 and 570 have been thru hell , don't tell me they are not durable.

And yeah, I stll carry a thermos of ice and water just in case.

After all I have other FP meters that measure temp that need checking a bit more frequently.

And answer me this , if Digi Cool is so superior why don't they out sell SMAN an Testo?

They sell that crack on every street corner by me.

You can't get a rolly at wally world either.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    They sell that crack on every street corner by me.

You can't get a rolly at wally world either.
    That is not a sensible answer.

They don't sell because they appeal only to a vocal minority.

And that reference to crack-cocaine was in very poor taste. You saying all non Digi Queen users are as bad as crack-heads?

Or because they don't have the major distribution power like sponge bob and fisher price

Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    Or because they don't have the major distribution power like sponge bob and fisher price
    Valid point, no dist power.
    If Digi Queen was so great, then why aren't more suppliers lined up to take on the product to make a profit then there are now..???
    Last edited by hvaclover; 08-31-2012 at 05:18 PM.

AND FURTHER MORE...

Why would any body who recognizes and and knows a good gauge risk voiding the warranty by making modifications to the dinky Velcro sensors to Clamp temp probes?

Beats me.
    I would assume an intelligent guy would just buy a gauge that uses a clamp temp sensor.

That is not a sensible answer.

They don't sell because they appeal only to a vocal minority.

And that reference to crack-cocaine was in very poor taste. You saying all non Digi Queen users are as bad as crack-heads?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast