+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY HELP.......

in a service van down by the river...........
    Post Likes

DIY HELP.......

You Guys are Too harsh towards DIY.... The following is from my favorite Fishing Forum Where the OP needed some quick help. Lucky for him, he had the foresight to go right to his fishing buddys for some top notch troubleshooting. He is cooling down at the moment. Next time you get stumped, don't waste your time here. Go directly to your favorite Fishing Fourm and you will be on your way in no time...................................lol

OP= Just had a power surge and the A/C is blowing warm air. I reset the main breakers on both the outside and inside units, is there anything I can do without having to call a repair guy?

Responder #1= Good chance it blew your capacitor.

Responder #2= is your outside unit coming on...if not you may have fried your start/run capacitor? Check it with a ohm load. It can overload if the fan motor pulled to much of an overload. Try to push the relay switch in manually and see if it will "hard" start ,,,,,,,good luck

OP= The outside fan is running as well as the inside fan but warm air. I turned everything off gonna let it sit for a little while and turn back on maybe that will reset a relay or something. Ill keep you posted thanks for the replies.

OP= Ok just turned it back on and seems to be blowing cold again, ill keep an eye on it and see if it keeps working. Thanks for the replies.

Responder #2= kool
    It's All about Heat.............................to a degree

Post Likes
    Yeah, but I coulda make 2-300$ there. Your fishin buddies just took food off my kids table.

I give some diy on other forums as well. This just isnt the place, this is for us pro's

Post Likes
    Sim-ma Down Na, ........................I found it amusing, You take yourself too serious. look for Humor in things you cannot control...................

Post Likes
    How do I catch a striped bass?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R Mannino View Post
    How do I catch a striped bass?

I would tell you, but Fishing spots and advice are not revealed to those outside the "Circle"........

PS: Thank You for "Getting It"..................................

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by under pressure View Post
    I would tell you, but Fishing spots and advice are not revealed to those outside the "Circle"........

PS: Thank You for "Getting It"..................................
    Can you tell me how to catch a mermaid with a little tail?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Nothing got fixed though I don't know how you helped him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Nothing got fixed though I don't know how you helped him.
    I never said I partisipated in the disscussion, You are on the edge of "Getting It"........ Keep trying...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Can you tell me how to catch a mermaid with a little tail?
    Sadly, they will not be intrested in your "Little Tail"........rumor has it that Size matters, whatever that means?????????????????

Post Likes
    Nobody helped him at all... Lol he let it sit not knowing it was the right thing to do.... He was just lucky enough to wait till the internal overloads on the compressor cooled down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AYservicetech View Post
    Nobody helped him at all... Lol he let it sit not knowing it was the right thing to do.... He was just lucky enough to wait till the internal overloads on the compressor cooled down.

We have a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Sweet!!! Can I get the mermaid?!?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AYservicetech View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything but this about sums it up.

I love watching HVAC help threads on other boards totally unrelated to the trade. Some of the responses are down right hilarious. I will usually let them go unless I see some dangerous advice.

I frequent a bunch of other boards pertaining to my hobbies... I once watched a thread where a guy had a gas boiler that wouldn't stay fired. By the time I got to the thread they had him jumping out every safety on the unit and he said he could smell it burning up, someone told him to add fresh city water to cool it down... I lost it, and typed my response in bold red letters in the hopes that he would see it in time. Lucky for him he did and took my advice to call a pro after telling him what could have happened.

Fishing advice needs to stay on fishing boards run by fishing pros, HVAC advice needs to be left to HVAC pros.
    UA LU189

Post Likes

Unfortunately or Fortunately

You don't need to be a pro to catch a fish or fix an air conditioner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Stop bashing us fishermen. We're not as bad as we smell.
    There are a few fishing sites I frequent, one in particular, where guys are always looking for free advice about ..............(fill in the blank). I find it quite comical. Why would anyone ask a fishing site for hvac advice??? It happens all the time. Almost as stupid as asking fishing/boating advice on an hvac forum

For those of you who care, believe it or not, I'm actually a professional bass fisherman. At least that's what they tell me. Although I have made much more money in hvac than fishing. Not ready to quit my day job.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Ok.....I'm on point now. Well let us know how long it takes compressor to kick out again

Post Likes
    The OP will never update the thread saying how he had to have someone come out.

Post Likes
    See, HVAC and fishing do go together..................http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....um-efficiency-)

Post Likes
    Hey OP I bet you feel like a god among men on other non related sites when they ask hvac advise, I know I would lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by under pressure View Post
    . Try to push the relay switch in manually and see if it will "hard" start ,,,,,,,good luck
    And if the motor is grounded, you can have a nice big arc and a bunch of molten copper in your face or on your arms in the few milli seconds before the breaker trips. At my work, it's immediate grounds for getting fired. Its' a good visual indicator, but a bad idea to push it in manually. There's other, better ways ot trobuelshoot without having to manually push in a contactor.... like ummm using a jumper wire or troubleshooting the controls first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in