Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 01-27-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: non AOP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    Your unit has an EER of 14.5 at the 80 indoor/95 outdoor tempature specified. EER is BTU ouput divided by watts used, you get 14.5 BTU out of your unit for every watt it uses. Check out the expanded cooling data on page 19. At 95F outside and 67WB inside your unit puts out 35,000 BTU while using 2.41 KWH. 35/2.41 = 14.52 EER.

Look again at the expanded cooling data for 85outdoor/67wb MINIMUM (since your unit will be running on low speed at cooler temps) 14.82BTU @ 0.71KW. Divided out thats 20.87, pretty close the the 20.5 SEER rating. IMHO expanded cooling data is MUCH more valuble than simple SEER/EER ratings, glad they listed it in the manual

BTW, now that you have had your unit for awhile, how are you liking it?
    Thanks! I've been studying the expanded cooling data and it pretty much explains why I've been able to run cooling/dehumidification (this is Florida, you know) almost every day & night for over 2 months now (and low heat on a couple of mornings) with almost no use of electricity!

I absolutely love my Greenspeed!

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 01-27-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Non AOP member

54regcab

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post

What's up with this? As I recall, 54regcab has been posting as a pro member with an asterisk since I joined in August 2012. How did he get demoted to regular guest?

I'm not sure, I was wondering the same. All he does is installs Tstats for a power company. It may be for bashing contractors for over sizing equipment without the knowledge to back up the allegation, which I agree with him on many of the over sizing issues. This is merely speculation though, gossip if you will.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456