Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    so... America had a chance of real change from the Tea Party candidates.
    we had real reformers, people like Michelle Bachmann and Ron Paul.

the republican party leaders come out and say these people are "too radical".
    then, after they reject the reformers, they hold the republican convention and people are giving speeches saying the country is in big trouble, ... can't withstand another 4 years of Obama, and the country needs "radical" change.

somehow they came to the conclusion that Romney was the right guy for the job.

so...i guess..we're not looking for real "radical" change, just some kind of status quo "radical" change.
    Gee Wolf, it looks as though you've gained the ability to see through media hype and political BS.

Congradulations. You are of the few that can.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Well, I watched Romney speak and I think he did well. I especially like his comment in which he stated that we need an AMERICAN to run this country....perhaps eluding to the fact that Obung hole is not American.
    Uhhhhh, think about what you just said.
    If Romney belives Obummer isn't a citizen, then why isn't he openly challenging him on that issue?
    Perhaps, and I am sure it is a stretch for die hard repubs, but PERHAPS that comment was merely a comment to garner support from "birthers" as they are known. A vote getting comment.

Just another example of "If a politicians lips are moving, they are lying". If that's what he ment, then let him have the intestinal fortitude to challenge the issue. He won't though, wait and see.

I hear you, but sometimes you gotta pick your battles. Perhaps it wasn't the time or place for that battle. Perhaps he didn't mean that at all, but I like to think thats what he meant.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I hear you, but sometimes you gotta pick your battles. Perhaps it wasn't the time or place for that battle. Perhaps he didn't mean that at all, but I like to think thats what he meant.

Deep down, do you suppose his speech writers had PLANNED you hoped it was what he ment?

Garnering a vote friend, nothing more.

Ha!...who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men or speech writers for that matter.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Most common sense folks know the "two party system" is a corrupt Trojan Horse for the NWO. In the words of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 1, "Sid's house....Andy's house.....what's the difference?". That's my take on the state of America now. Republicans and Democrats are not the answer to our nation's problems. They are one of the major problems our nation has. If we are to survive as a country, something must be done about them. Americans need choice, not the garbage we are receiving from these evil minded collectives who take their marching orders from global elites who could give two squats about average folks like us.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Stock futures flat as investors wait on Fed

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stock index futures were flat on Tuesday, as investors continued to take a wait-and-see approach ahead of a key speech by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke later this week.

Equities haven't moved much in recent sessions, with market participants reluctant to make big bets ahead of the speech at a Fed conference in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Bernanke is expected to sustain expectations for a third round of quantitative easing, though he could keep markets guessing about the timing of such an action. The S&P 500 has dipped 0.2 percent over the past three sessions.

Still, stocks have risen almost 8 percent over the past three months, in large part on growing expectations for stimulus. That has led some analysts to say any new Fed policy is already priced in, and that no stimulus would be a catalyst for losses.

Citing a deceleration in U.S. and Chinese economic growth, Japan's government cut its economic assessment and warned that a slowdown posed risks to its economy.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/48810820

Funny with all the talk about lowering taxes for companies in order for them to invest in the future (when they are sitting on more cash than they ever had) and complaints about the government only knows about is printing money (when investors will not throw their money into the ring unless they get their wish of more money being printed) does it really matter which party is in power? It is not like they have much of a say what happens as far as where the economy goes.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345