Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh Joy!

Love the trouble shooting part, but hate the cleaning. I try to schedule my regular customers during the winter, slower time and it's inside and warm!
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Ice machines is one thing I don't do that really make me curious. The guy that does it for us does a lot of parts changing. Do any of you guys enjoy working on them?
    Most are realy not that difficult. If you understand how they work, you will understand how they break. Water is what kills most machines.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

I think I might hit the boss up and give it a shot. As long as I can keep up with all of my refrigeration pms. Our guy who usually does them also does our winterization/anti-freezing and is pretty busy in the fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Get to spend the next 3 1/2 days cleaning ice machines
    OH nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah the only issue I have with the maintenance on the machines is it not gonna get you anywhere or possibly get you into some issues with the customer is openly providing dates of the last cleaning. How does that approach ever seem to work in your benefit and in the mean time can get employees talking and owners upset. That being said it's nauseating to find the stuff growing in machines. Matter of fact I gashed my hand really bad removing the rubber hose connecting the pump out of under the plates on a hoshizaki cuber. I finished the cleaning after disinfecting the machine and wearing a few pairs of medical gloves. Two days later the boss forced me to go to my doctor cause my hand had blown up to twice its size. Lucky I did as the doctor was almost gonna make me go straight to the ER, but gave into me me leading not too and prescribed antibiotics. I still have both hands but I know now where to find some pretty toxic bacteria. One final point, ice machine cleaner doesn't feel good when it's in you eye and it's not friends with bleach. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I think I might hit the boss up and give it a shot. As long as I can keep up with all of my refrigeration pms. Our guy who usually does them also does our winterization/anti-freezing and is pretty busy in the fall and winter.
    My only gripe about it is that all of our machines are in the lobby, so it's difficult to clean and be discreet about it. I try to get to them every couple months, but with 15+ units, and all my other duties it's hard and sometimes don't get to one till it's down.

I hate trying to work around people, but in the food service industry,,, sometimes I have no choice..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123