Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    This should be a good one, best I can tell, my competition reset this bad boy 13 times with faults like: high motor temp, high oil temp, high discharge temp, high bearing temp, BTW high bearing temp was the winner with 5 of those 13 and last but not least, the one that shut it down for good, sensor failure - thrust bearing.
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what happened to the thrust bearing sensor. The oil was dark green, almost black. The machine had been off line for about 4 hrs on my arrival, the motor temp was still 226*.
    I tried the spare sensor & it showed open as well.
    It would appear that somthing went wrong in the motor cooling/oil cooler feed line, maybe the drier is plugged.
    Guess I'll transfer the refrigerant tomorrow & get ready to put it on the floor.
    Its got to come apart anyway for that sensor to be replaced.

Feedback........
    All my leon freaked out!

so is that oil cooling REALLY all that important....?

whatever you are using to cool that oil has an issue i bet- injector solenoid or condenser loop or whatever ain't working- sounds like on the right track.
    good times!
    Look, just do your job, stay outta my way and we'll get along fine.

Teach your kids to respect themselves and others with your actions- these little baboons will imitate you like it or not.

If thats the quality of your competition, I'd be looking for a raise because you should be one busy dude.

Transfered the 2500 lbs of 134A today, I'll start pulling it apart tomorrow. I'll try to post pictures.

I'm sure there will be pieces/parts in the bottom of this one. The sump heater had been de-energized for about 15 hrs when I came in this morning, the motor end bell was still 105*.
    All my leon freaked out!

With all that yuk....

...did it get wet?
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Suprisingly enough no, had some rigging issues to overcome today so I didn't get far. Got the suction ell off & found a substance all over the inside, its also on the diffuser & the vane paddles. Its sorta like soot but its a silver color, if I didn't know better I would say its dry neverseez. I'll share more the further I get.

I went through the alarm history again today & there are two alarms I can't find in my book.
    1)emergency turn off power compressor on without control authorization
    2)compressor contact closure aux on
    I may not have the wording completely correct.

This machine has a VFD made by ABB, I do not know if its original or "sanctioned" for that matter.

My original theory was that there was a malfuntion in the motor/oil cooling line.
    Now I'm wondering if that drive powered up the compressor either due to malfunction or human intervention.
    I've got to research the drive & I'll need to setup a dry run somehow & see if its possible for someone to bring on the compressor from the drive panel & determine if the drive works right or not.
    Right now, I don't know if the oil pump would be energized if the drive did manage to get on line somehow.
    Maybe thats what that "aux on" meant on the second alarm, that the interface detected compressor operation so it brought on the oil pump. Clearly I need clarification as to the definition of those terms.
    As the plot thickens......

[Edited by chiller mekanik on 09-21-2006 at 11:39 PM]
    All my leon freaked out!

If I didn't know better I would say it's powdered impeller from rubbing. JMHO

Originally posted by chiller mekanik
    Got the suction ell off & found a substance all over the inside, its also on the diffuser & the vane paddles. Its sorta like soot but its a silver color, if I didn't know better I would say its dry neverseez. I'll share more the further I get.
    [Edited by chiller mekanik on 09-21-2006 at 11:39 PM]

We'll know tomorrow.
    All my leon freaked out!

Did somebody "fat finger" the VFD

I was working with an "electrician" once who just reached in and poked a relay, and a 500 ton YT started with no oil pump.

God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Impeller powder for sure

The diffuser is chewed up, one third of the impeller is missing, the high speed shaft is bent & the bearing is wiped. Will start at the other end on monday.

P.S.
    My daughter promised to help me upload a few pics this wknd.
    All my leon freaked out!

$$$$$$$$$$they better get their check book out.

get a new compressor assembly from carrier

Where are you going to post the pic which forum. We had the same type of thing the operstors were killing the main power to stop machine just to speed up there job LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast