Forgot to change filter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=OldSchoolMech;14073891]Thats standard for rental property's. If you sent a noob AC Tech out thier he would have dumped gas in the AC Till the Magic Number on the gauge.
    QUOTE]

Are you saying I need new guages? longer hoses will help I bet.
    or bump up the speed on the blower!
    Why do I only get a HVAC license when reality is I'm a plumber, electrician, counselor and financial expert once I'm working on someone's equipment?

Whats the problem. my filter looks just like that. you guys are to picky. LOL

You know what happens when u go to a house and they have a plugged filter. you thank them for having a filter. some times they dont have one and then it ends up being a coil and blower cleaning. Yuk! and after a cleaning you end up smelling horrid! cat or dog and tabacco smell and its not like you can refuse its ur duty unfortunetly
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

The other furnace
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348444355.820978.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  31.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oregonhvac View Post
    Well, you need to look at this from the tenants point of view. "Why should I invest .99 cents every month for a filter, do you think I'm made out of money". I come across this all to often, but it does make for a quick service call.
    Most of the time they just take them out. It will last a summer w/o a filter installed.
    A-coil gets clogged, airflow is low through furnace then heat exchanger cracks.

Lmao, thanks!
    Every post a gem!
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

And this is one of the reasons I got into HVAC. I have rental property and tenants WILL NOT CHANGE FILTERS. I have had them call numerous times, low air flow, will not shut off. Plugged filters. I have tried to buy them and get them to change them out... NO. I have given them the filter size for them to buy them, NO... So every month or two I visit and change them out to protect the system. I hate cleaning coils! Besides it gives me an opportunity to check out the property while I'm in there.

CT

I have one rental, the person paid the place off but I will be lucky If its worth money after the fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12