Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forgot to change filter

We pulled this furnace yesterday and I'm guessing the filter is original.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346181358.301222.jpg
Views: 2467
Size:  38.5 KB

Thats standard for rental property's. If you sent a noob AC Tech out thier he would have dumped gas in the AC Till the Magic Number on the gauge.

Did you upsell a filter system?

Yep it's a rental and with the filter In the cabinet that's even worse. It was pretty bad lol, good thing they upgraded to a 4" pleat

That's the optional MERV 200 filter

Well, you need to look at this from the tenants point of view. "Why should I invest .99 cents every month for a filter, do you think I'm made out of money". I come across this all to often, but it does make for a quick service call.

This guy never has service done, being a reliable old standing pilot I'm sure its been awhile. We are replacing 2 furnaces and adding ac plus 4" pleats.

a 4 inch filter is a call back in the making. if they wont spend money on a poly filter found anywhere you know they wont spend money or time trying to find a 4 incher

Quote Originally Posted by tlp7 View Post
    a 4 inch filter is a call back in the making. if they wont spend money on a poly filter found anywhere you know they wont spend money or time trying to find a 4 incher
    We always give them spares, it's better than a 1" that will be plugged in 3 months atleast

At least you were able to get it out and in one piece. Been on a couple so far that the filter has disintegrated against the evaporator and came out in pieces usually with the middle gone.

Went to do work on a rental home system and the ternant was very handy, he had gotten tired of changing filters so he decided to replace the filter with a 20X25 plywood board. I couldn't believe it and neither did my boss and the landlord. the guy actually thought he had a good idea, was actually wondering why he had poor air flow and a frozen up system.

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    That's the optional MERV 200 filter
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by marshalmechanical View Post
    Went to do work on a rental home system and the ternant was very handy, he had gotten tired of changing filters so he decided to replace the filter with a 20X25 plywood board. I couldn't believe it and neither did my boss and the landlord. the guy actually thought he had a good idea, was actually wondering why he had poor air flow and a frozen up system.
    Hey don't knock it. It worked I bet no dirt made it through haha. That reminds me of my brother in law that worked at a Honda dealer. He had a customer come in pissed off because when he drove his four-wheeler underwater water would get in the airbox. He wanted to fix it with a water tight airbox.

some people will always remain special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast