Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Start with a home energy audit, it is the first step in making your home more efficient. An audit can help you assess how much energy your home uses and evaluate what measures you can take to improve efficiency. But remember, audits alone don't save energy. You need to implement the recommended improvements. Then find yourself someone to do a Load calculation Manual J and a Manual D on your home, you need both the home energy audit and the load calculations, one without the other is just throwing dollars out the window. Manual J and a Manual D do you no good if air is escaping, or being drawn into your home.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I've been told that the Affinity is nearly as or more expensive and Carrier Infinity, without as many features other than a modulating furnace. LX is definitly the best bargin. That's what I'll rpobably install for my downstairs when it bites the dust.
    I really like the LX series, it's the best line anyone has based on price, efficiency, and quality IMO. Im holding out for York to come out with a variable drive compressor unit for my house.

Just a 14 SEER with their VS 2 stage furnace is a pretty good bargin. I love my Carrier Infinity upstairs, but just don't need much humidity control beyond basic DoD downstairs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12