Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good info. Makes me feel much better about going out behind installs. More linesets are replaced than flushed except for finished ceilings and such.

meh Allot of mixed answers due to the economy I can see why buisness owners are saying just to blast the lineset with nitro. Sure that makes sense, I get it. Their are hacks out there that do not even do that, and the home owner keeps their tstat set to 78-80 degree's and never has a problem. But if your doing high end work in some million dollar house where they keep the tstat set at 73 always and you just wing it, and kill your txv, because of non-condensables in the lineset r22 residual well then, trying to do it cheap is going to be expensive in call backs.. I will not do a r22-to 410a change out without some kind of flush, not with my name on the install. That is just me thou, call me stuck up snobbish or LOL...

I HATE CALL BACKS....

Quote Originally Posted by Danae12 View Post
    .. I will not do a r22-to 410a change out without some kind of flush, not with my name on the install. That is just me thou, call me stuck up snobbish or LOL...

I HATE CALL BACKS....
    Pay special attention to the last page of the Trane info!

R410A.pdf
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Pay special attention to the last page of the Trane info!

R410A.pdf
    lol what is a small amount in a 2ton? or a 2.5 ton? or a 3 ton? etc. etc. I get it..

Been around long enough to see how a lil bit of r22 residual can screw up everything from impurities in line set during operational nothing like watching a bucking Compound gauge. LOL due to idiots not cleaning the line set.. You can read all the trane literature you want, I have seen what it looks like in the aftermath of installers installing 410a system where a 10 seer r22 used to be for 10-20 years..

I call the guys not flushing the line sets lucky if they have not seen the bucking compound gauge or the stuck txv and the pissed off home owner with a hot house and a slugged compressor. LOL

don't mean to sound like an ass, but it does not take much r22 residual to screw a 410a system up...
    Last edited by Danae12; 08-30-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: none

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink! The residual flush in the line set can and will cause copper plating of the bearing in the compressor. What Trane is trying to say is do the least of two evils. If your replacing an R22 burnout and and not replacing the lineset, use flush but be SURE its ALL removed! If its not a burnout and the system has been running for 15 years with a clean and dry system, Don't put something in the system that WILL CAUSE A PROBLEM! Remember there is only two things that belong in a system, and RX11 flush is not one of them. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink! The residual flush in the line set can and will cause copper plating of the bearing in the compressor. What Trane is trying to say is do the least of two evils. If your replacing an R22 burnout and and not replacing the lineset, use flush but be SURE its ALL removed! If its not a burnout and the system has been running for 15 years with a clean and dry system, Don't put something in the system that WILL CAUSE A PROBLEM! Remember there is only two things that belong in a system, and RX11 flush is not one of them. Sorry
    ok your right....

I have no idea what your trying to explain to me...

but your right.. r11 should not be in linesets, that is why we have nitrogen. the r11 is used to clean out the ahem r22 oil, and the nitro is used to flush it out, acid etc. etc.

must be different in Arizona.. Its pretty elementary man, remove the old equipment, cut the lines, flush them with r11 and nitro, blow the lines out, with a helper to keep from making a mess etc. done, clean.. ez 5 min job...

this site needs a face palm animation...

There was a long and exhaustive thread on flushing done back in the late winter- earlier spring. It has lots of info on flushing.

Anyone remember the R12 to 134 conversion days? Recomendation was less than 2% of original mineral oil remaining and requiring mutiple oil changes to get it there. After a few years that number started to climb and the automotive guys stoped removing the old oil. They just added a few OZ of poly oil to the system and let it rip.

I think I would rather have a used lineset from a clean system than one that has been flushed with the new flushes that are avaiabe today. Can I have my R-11 back, that stuff worked great as a flush.

lol nothing like trying to braze a lineset that has had r22 running thru it for decades without a flush by the way, I love how the FLAMES just like to try and tickle my nose from my torches!!!

Anyone that has any experience in HVAC know's what I am talking about...

You need to revisit refrigerant recovery laws if your having those problems. LOL

ah the lab default.. Nah I am speaking for us men in the field...

LOL You have no idea!

Well seems I met the 1st troll here on hvac-talk... Flushing the lineset has turned into a pissing match over who is more over the top... Good luck on preaching your beleif's on what is ok and right in the field.. Not to flush or to flush whatever, If your best is just a nitro purge so be it, if it is a r11 flush with a nitro purge so be it... If it is nothing then so be it.. As far as this gorilla bull crap your trying to smear all over this guys question so be it.. You do not sound professional you sound like someone trying to say not cleaning linesets is ok, when its not and is not doing your best for your customer client etc.. If it was my house i would flush it, just as I would if I had control over it for my customers..

Go to the labs, the experiments in your controlled rooms and make excuses for not doing the best for your customers to relieve your guilt, I don't care, and I am done trying to reason with ignorance.....

I am just glad people like you have proven to me I am doing the best for my clients and customers thank you so much...

for proving to me I am one of the best...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast