What boots do you wear in the high heat?

When I lived on Long Island buying a pair of boots with good thinsulate was expensive and hard to find. Now that I live in North Carolina where it's hot it seems finding a pair of boots without thinsulate, insulation, goretex, waterproofing etc is hard. After years of compressor changeouts etc I have collapsed the arches in my feet. I use arch supports to keep my arches up. My lower back doesn't hurt due to my collapsed arches while using arch supports, but they make my feet sweat to the point of getting bad athletes foot. I'm looking for a pair of boots that will stay cool. I'm tempted to drill some holes in my boots, but my employer may not like that. I figured since many of you live in even hotter climates than mine some of you may have some suggestions. Thank you.
    Refer all arguments to the wife, she's better at it.
    www.fairtax.org

I wear my Redwings Year round. Thinsulate and composite toe. Sweaty feet are a fact of life during the summer. Just brought back a pair I purchased last November. The sole was just begining to peel at the toe. Free replacement. No questions asked. First time the Redwings ever did that.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

I haven't wore boots for years in summer. Tennis shoes give better breathing and better feel on trusses so I dont step in ceilings.

jungle boots. and they're punji stick proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    jungle boots. and they're punji stick proof.
    I agree. I'm in the guard and was issued a pair of steel toe jungles a few years back. Best work boot I have ever worn. Very durable and comfortable. All I wear now, except where meta boots are required I have a pair of redwings for that in the truck. The jungles I wear are made by Vibram and I highly recommend them. Perfect for your climate.

I refuse to purchase insulated boots.

If I need to go out in the cold, I have wool socks to wear.

Insulated boots are great, but for general wear, I want an uninsulated boot.

I get some nasty athlete's foot if I don't take good care of my feet, too. Try some polypropylene 'liner socks' or 'boot socks' they help to wick moisture from your feet. Also, some of the lighter wool blend socks are great and not at all sweaty to wear.

"Dickies" socks also wick away the moisture and do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by nismo1 View Post
    I haven't wore boots for years in summer. Tennis shoes give better breathing and better feel on trusses so I dont step in ceilings.
    where do you work that allows you to get away with that kind of footwear????very unsafe practice in our trade , we were also not allowed to wear shorts on the job either for insurance & safety reasons....Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

i wear bellville non insulated boots. i believe the are the 790 st steel toe model. absolutely great in the summer and comfy as all heck. and the best part, MADE IN THE USA. and for only 165 bucks
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

I wear the same boots I wear when there's no heat. My feet do sweat a lot, and they do get hot, but it's never miserable. Actually I kind of have the opposite problem... when my feet sweat in the winter, then they freeze.

I do generally try to wear the lesser waterproof of my boots in the summer, saving the good ones for trudging through the snow in the winter. FWIW, I have around 4 pair of Redwings. Can't remember the style, but they are 8" steel toed brown boots.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Thank you for the replies. I researched jungle boots and it lead me to search high heat boots. I ordered some form of high heat jungle combat boots. They arrived today and I look forward to using them tomorrow.
    Refer all arguments to the wife, she's better at it.
    www.fairtax.org

Let us know how you make out.