Thread: Superheat and Subcooling

Post Likes
    How do I get the Evaporator pressure and Condeser pressure off a package unit? Trane makes it easy for you.

Post Likes
    What precisely are you wanting?
    The service panel usually has some information along with he manual that came with it.

You have to be licensed to do any messing with the refrigerant!

Your subject is SH & SC:
    http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-s...ubcooling.html
    - udarrell

Post Likes
    I know that and I am. Here is more of my question. I have recently started working on package units in my building and I haven't had enough time with them. I know to get superheat you take the Evaporator pressure and the Temp off the Suction line. Convert the pressure to temp and subtract the two. Now here is my question in a Trane Cent. It gives you the Evaporator pressure. In a package unit it doesn't have that. So how do I get the Superheat. This also goes for Sub-cooling. Do I just take the discharge pressure and use that?

Post Likes
    Nice web page. Thanks. That helps me out a lot.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by storyusmc
    Nice web page. Thanks. That helps me out a lot.
    Storyusmc - go back to the link above or just to my Superheat page & be sure to Reload or Refresh the page. I just put a link on it to an even better Superheat Table with Outdoor Ambient and with each WB reading, it is coupled with the Target Superheat at different DB & RH figures. An interesting & useful chart. - udarrell

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in