Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walk in freezer

egads man!

what establishment can make due without their walk-in freezer? it's pushing a month now.

Give us more info to fix this thing.

Slow an steady wins the race phase. Lol.

I bought that book refer for hvac techs. Pretty good information there.

Slow and steady will keep the calls backing up and you will never get home

You are right . ,this unit was not working they were using 3 door reach-in. When i start they do not want the same guy working who change out the compressor a year ago. like i said box went down to20*F after getting info. from all the experties from hvactalk. I did accomlish a lot working on this unit. There is lot lot to be learned I will keep u updated I am going back tomorrow. I still believe system there is something wrong.

There must be. Box should run 0 to -10
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    There must be. Box should run 0 to -10
    That's what iam trying to achieve

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    egads man!

what establishment can make due without their walk-in freezer? it's pushing a month now.

Give us more info to fix this thing.
    You are right . ,this unit was not working at they were using 3 door reach-in. When i started they do not want the same guy working who change out the compressor a year ago. like i said box went down to20*F after getting info. from all the experties from hvactalk. I did accomlish a lot working on this unit,and still there is lot lot to be learned I will keep u updated I am going back tomorrow. I still believe the system is not running to it's full capacity

not gonna lie I installed a pump down valve backwards once....we all know what that would cause..........needless to say that got fixed...

2Sac nailed it on the head. Quit touching our equipment you hack.

Quote Originally Posted by traviscmatthews View Post
    2Sac nailed it on the head. Quit touching our equipment you hack.
    Do you need a hug ?

Quote Originally Posted by Qamar View Post
    check txv screen it's clean turn off avap.fan to see flow of refrigerant , frost was building all across evap coil follow sporlan instructions to adjust SH left unit running all night chk next morning box temp went down to 20*F. 1/4 turn stem to chk if it goes down further. I am debating if there is a mismatch. I have collected all the info.will do a serious anylisis.
    Obviously I'm a little behind the curve on replying here, but if you adjusted SH via Sporlan instructions - what did your final superheat reading come in at?

Furthermore, when you started working on the unit the outside ambient was ~100F and head pressure was 350 psig - giving you an almost 30F condenser TD......which ain't right.

After changing the LL solenoid valve, you stated the head pressure was reading 225 psig. What was the outside ambient?

A guy shouldn't be horkin' around with the TXV until he's darn sure he has enough gas in the system....
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

If what you are describing is what I think you are. 1-very low suction pressure yet head pressure is normal or maybe a bit high? It sounds like you've done a good job cleaning up the system. Evacuating and putting the proper charge in. You've replaced the drier and the liquid line solenoid, correct?
    I would suspect that possibility that the power head assembly has lost it's charge which would shut off the expansion valve. Just a thought. I've had many powerhead's lose their bulb charge and it has some of the symptoms you've described. Also you can have a wax build-up that can plug up the txv. But again, you've cleaned up the system which should have taken care of that possible problem.
    Hope this might help.
    Mark

I almost gave up but next day i went back turned off the evap fan i see frost building up which gives me idea that that evap was not flashing gas because of fan running so i try looking for DTFD it was fried ireplaced DTFD unit went down to -5* so that was the problem thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast