I'll be contacting the only American Standard Comfort Care dealer in my area for a quote on Monday. Doing some research at the A/S website so as to be well informed when the guy shows up.

Don't want to get into sizing issues AGAIN in this thread, or duct issues, or a discussion of return sizing, air balancing, Manual J or any of that. I get it and all that will be considered before I sign a contract. Thanks for all the help in other threads of mine. Also, I have Trane quotes on the "top of the line, dual compressor" XL20i, which I expect would be a bit higher than the equivalent A/S "top of the line".

What I need to know for now is this:

1) Is the following the correct match-up for the Gold XI, 3.5 ton condenser with a Gold XI evaporater with a standard blower, and what is the rated SEER for this equipment?

4A6H5042E
GAM5A0B42M31SA

2) is the following the correct match-up for the Gold XI, 3.5 ton condenser with a Gold XM evaporater with a variable speed blower, and what is the rated SEER for this equipment?

4A6H5042E
TAM4A0B42S31SA

3) Will the following thermostat work with either of the above combinations, and will this thermostat control humidity with one or both of the above cond/evap/blower combinations?

ACONT803

Thanks in advance!