Zoning Installed! What do you think?

So if you see my last threads I've been wanting to Zone my split level house, get a variable speed furnace, and downsize and get a two stage Condenser. Well after tons and tons of research and a way to long HVAC tech search I have finally started stage one of my HVAC overhaul, 2 Zones! Please view the pictures below of the HVAC tech install. The system is a Honeywell HZ322 with a wired and wireless thermostat. The third zone is still open and the dampers are ZD spring open, power close. *Taking yall's advice I had the tech not install a bypass but just bleed some air into the other zone. He did some calculations with a little wind speed deal and said it's like 100cfm in one direction and 75cfm in the other. So far the system is unbelievable, I was able to get my up or downstairs to 72 degrees in 90degree 100% humidity (it was drizzling). Before the lowest it would go was 74. So far the system is still using about 2/3 hour run times too. Sound has slightly increased but mostly because he broke a hanger and now there is a vibration that is loud, he is going to fix that monday though. For the price of about 3 playstation 3s it wasn't a bad deal, however he does know I'm getting a variable speed furnace and 2 stage AC from him later. The current system is a 90k 80% 1990 single stage PSC furnace with 1990 8 Seer 2.5ton condenser.
    Name:  P8251473.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  P8251474.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  21.5 KB
    Name:  P8251475.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  19.3 KB
    Name:  P8251476.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  20.8 KB
    Name:  P8251477.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  16.9 KB
    Name:  P8251478.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  37.9 KB
    Name:  P8251479.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  25.2 KB

Again what do yall think, is this a good install?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by rebelranger View Post

So if you see my last threads I've been wanting to Zone my split level house, get a variable speed furnace, and downsize and get a two stage Condenser. Well after tons and tons of research and a way to long HVAC tech search I have finally started stage one of my HVAC overhaul, 2 Zones!

Please view the pictures below of the HVAC tech install.

*Taking yall's advice I had the tech not install a bypass but just bleed some air into the other zone. He did some calculations with a little wind speed deal and said it's like 100cfm in one direction and 75cfm in the other. So far the system is unbelievable, I was able to get my up or downstairs to 72 degrees in

The current system is a 90k 80% 1990 single stage PSC furnace with 1990 8 Seer 2.5ton condenser.

Again what do yall think, is this a good install?
    I don't see any real benefit if it is noiser and running at the same duration.

Lowering the temperature would not be a benefit IMO becuase 78'F at 40% humidity is fine with me.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

What zone panel did he use with 2 stage equipment in mind?

@ Dan - The real benefit, at least to me, has been that I can actually get the desired temperature I want. Before the house would not cool down from it's temperature, meaning if it was 80 in the house it would not get to 79,78,77 until it the sun went down. Even on days when it was 90 outside the AC would run all day to keep it at 80 degrees, even when I didn't use set back temperatures. Thus if I set the thermostat to 78, the AC would barely run at night but once the sun crested the temperature would raise to 80,81,82 and the AC could never recover...part of the reason I'm upgrading the AC.

--Air sealing, added insulation to R48 in the attic was done professionally Jan 2012.
    --House is in the Kansas City area.
    --Walls are R10 or R13 based on thickness, it's a 1960s build so the letter can't be distinguished.

@BaldLoonie - The panel is the Honeywell HZ322, so it'll downstage to only 1st stage if only one zone is calling. HVAC tech said use over HZ311 because I want to zone my basement once it's complete. He said what likely will happen is that the basement and lower level will likely only call (use) 1st stage heating/cooling and upper level or combo of zones will require 2nd stage.

The main trunk is a T with one direction using 14x8 then narrowing to 8x8 and the opposite using 16x8 then narrowing to 8x8. The room branches are 6". He suggested I upgrade the lower level branches to 7" before I drywalled the2 basement ceiling. Would there be any value in this or is that just to ease airflow?

The 2 stage equipment I'm looking at is Armana and Goodman. Lennox, Trane, Infinity are just out of my price point for this house.

If you are going Goodman, avoid the "H" models. They don't use 2 stage controls so would totally ignore what the panel told it. Go for GMVC.

@ BaldLoonie - Thank you and yes I think the model I'm getting is the GMVC 90k but I may downsize depending on the Man J.