+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a techi geek for ipad

Post Likes

Need a techi geek for ipad

Got an ipad2, to put a bunch of service manuals etc on. I need step by step instructions on this. Been trying for a couple of weeks. No prob getting the manuals onto the office desk top. (windows) I don't think a cloud would help. Our internet provider , Verizon, charges $10 per gig over 10 gig per month. For example; if I download Mitz link drive , 3 gig, onto the desktop, put it in a cloud, (another 3 gig), download it into a couple of tablets, 3+3 gigs. So far I've used 12 gigs, and that's just one set of manuals! Am I understanding this right? Besides, a lot of locations that we work, has no internet service. I would need to put all manuals on eack tablet, ipad, or other brand. I thought it would be as easy as working with files on the desk top. Drag and drop files, create folders, ect. Can one of you youngans help me out here?

Post Likes
    If you want to have manuals and pics and other stuff to have access to without copying to each individual device, i would try dropbox.
    You open an account with drop box, setup your folders and put what u want on there. You will need to download dropbox to each device but its free and small.

Post Likes
    Try FileApp Pro. This kind of BS is why I went with Android instead.

Post Likes
    Dosen't dropbox use the cloud?

Post Likes
    yes it does, there is also box.com. I have both, dropbox gives 2gb free and I received 50gb with bix.com on signup.. also you have windows live skydrive with yiur hotmail account. these are all "cloud based" services. Handy to store lots but yiu use bandwidth to upload.. and then bandwidth to download to your device.
    depending on the size of your manuals you may be suprized to find out how much you can fit on your devices memory.
    if you have an ipad yiu should be able to hook it up to the pc and then transfer the documents directly to the device..I have a BB playbook and have started to run out of space.. I am saving lots to box.com and then I download as needed when on my wireless at home or at a coffee shop or mcdicks. very handy.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    in your case I would dowload them to a pc and then transfer to the ipad..
    try this link:
    http://www.wondershare.ca/pdf/transfer-pdf-to-ipad.html
    that says its an easy way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    in your case I would dowload them to a pc and then transfer to the ipad..
    try this link:
    http://www.wondershare.ca/pdf/transfer-pdf-to-ipad.html
    that says its an easy way.

+1 on transfer by wire or Dropbox (or SugarSync is another good one). Use wifi connections whenever possible to conserve expensive and limited cellular data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    Load manuals ect to pc, move said files to iTunes, sync iPad, docs will be on ibook, you are done, if this makes no sense call apple tech if it is a new device, you have tech support for like 90 days
    Still learning opinions welcome.

Post Likes
    He's trying to avoid data transfer fees guys. Uploading and downloading to/from iTunes or any other web host is exactly what he doesn't want to do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    He's trying to avoid data transfer fees guys. Uploading and downloading to iTunes or any other web host is exactly what he doesn't want to do.
    iTunes is a program on the pc, no Internet used to transfer files to your books on
    The device

iTunes is the program used for moving data to iPad/phone
    Still learning opinions welcome.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2story View Post
    iTunes is a program on the pc, no Internet used to transfer files to your books on
    The device

iTunes is the program used for moving data to iPad/phone
    My bad.

Post Likes
    I would just use a 10 or 12 inch laptop and an air card for when I had to download something I came upon that I didnt have manuals for.

Of course for hvac you should be spending some of your off time searching for and downloading all the manuals you know you have a good chance of needing.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    I have an iPad to for the same reason...2Story is 100% correct. Put them on iTunes and sync the iPad at the office. Also all the manuals can sync to you iPhone too, hard to read but good in a pinch. Another way, at home, if you have wifi, turn your iPad's wifi on (instead of cellular), go find your manuals. When you open a pdf, tap near the top of the screen and small window pops up (open in iBooks?), click it, and its in your library.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I have an iPad to for the same reason...2Story is 100% correct. Put them on iTunes and sync the iPad at the office. Also all the manuals can sync to you iPhone too, hard to read but good in a pinch. Another way, at home, if you have wifi, turn your iPad's wifi on (instead of cellular), go find your manuals. When you open a pdf, tap near the top of the screen and small window pops up (open in iBooks?), click it, and its in your library.
    What about word and excel files?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    The iPad can read and modify them with apps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Much recommend Google Docs to transfer these; e.g. create a Gmail account, email the files to it and access them from your ipad using cellular when available, or simply download them from Gmail to the ipad and save them. They are much less data-intense than manuals and such.

Post Likes
    USE WI-FI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in