Carrier Touch Screen Thermostat

Just curious has anyone else installed Carriers new touch screen thermostats yet? Any thoughts on ease of use, setup, use with a router

Our local utility is looking into them for the smarthours program in 2013.

I installed one at my home and so far pretty nice thermostat it still has the utility curtailment feature and now it can keep track of kilowatt hours used for the day month and year. The smartphone app for it is kind of basic but does what i need it to do

I installed one recently. Came with router.instructions were good.

Is it just tracking KW useage for the AC unit, or do you install CT's on the mains at the breaker panel? Does it integrate to the smart meter altogether or you simply program the rate periods? Let me gues... go read the manual.

I've been wondering if my utility would still give me the appliance cycling rebate is I enable my system just to force the unit into low stage rather than completely killing power to the condenser. That's just such a low tech approach.

Now that I have a larger home, I'm wondering if tiem of use would work out for us. We do most of our clothes drying on weekends and after 7PM already anyway and most baking on weekends. AC time periods could be manupulated to reduce use during peak periods.

There is no breaker connection, the price per KWH is the same no matter what is using it in your house. You can be on the program and have window units. The thermostat is an optional freebie for joining smarthours. It's similar to a standard programmable digital thermostat except for 1 thing: It talks to your power meter and can automatically turn your thermostat up when the price of energy increases. This can be overridden by the customer at any time, they simply pay for the extra KWH used.

The idea is cool your house down before peak hours, then thermostat up between 2-7.

Im getting ready to install my first honeywell redlink on tuesday how does the infinity touch screen and redlink compare i know the infinity is just for the infinity system but does one have more of an advantage than the other? or just personal preference