Walk in cooler sizing

I work in HVAC, not refrigeration. But I want to build a walk in cooler to hang deer during early bow seasons when it can still be 90 out. How do I size my cooler? It will be on an insulated concrete slab 2x6 walls foam insulation and 2 vapor barriers. I want to over size it some for a fast pull down. How do I select the proper evaporator? And condenser?

Go to techumsehs web site. They have a box load calculation tool. Masterbilt has one on theirs too, it will give you btu specs then you can size your evap and condenser from there.

Why 2 vapor barriers? Only one is needed.

What are your plans for the interior finish? Blood and other fluids will soak into wood.

Oversized equipment leads to humidity issues.

Good Luck

For my deer dungeon I just used a modified windo shaker, I couldnt see forkin out the dough for refrigeration equipment for what it is. I can pull down to 35-38* in a 8x8 box built similar to what you are building but no slab insulation.

Change stat to a lower temp stat and add a compressor off fan on evap defrost control to a 2-300$ unit and you are good to go.

Just another option, I prefer to put my money in deer habitat on my farm.