+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wifi thermostat

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    Data logging? Or just "right now" information?
    None that I'm aware of. I wouldn't think it would be much of a stretch of the technology, though, for the RedLink website to log and chart. There are supposedly 70 different alerts and send emails, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Post Likes
    did 2 Lennox ones last week.....best stat this old man has ever seen...customers loved them
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    did 2 Lennox ones last week.....best stat this old man has ever seen...customers loved them
    Were those the iComfort?

Post Likes
    I have installed a few of the Honeywell Prestige and Lennox iComfort. The Honeywell is by far the more universal. I can be used on any system and with zoning. The setup was easy and free to the customer. The iComfort offers more features and contractor notification of issues, but it doesn't currently offer zoning. It is also a communicating stat designed for Lennox Signature Products.

Post Likes
    I don't think you can do much now but override the program (command it on and off) you can't change program from your phone, but I'm sure it's coming !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superfittertech View Post
    they're crap. anyone can buy them and install them. You can buy them at Lowes
    There is some misleading advertising to the public also as they seem to believe it's an Apple product while it was only designed by a former Apple employee.

I agree with tekkid. The ecobee is probably my favorite of all the various wifi stats. We have one and still really enjoy it. My wife will adjust it in bed on her phone.

If the price of the original one scared people off, you can now get the Smart SI which is a smaller screen and manual button control but it's probably around $140 cheaper. It also eliminates the need for the interface box.

Post Likes
    I have 2 of each. If you don't require the additional features the touch screen version offers I think the si is a better choice. The touch screen is finicky, entering changes to the si is much easier.

Post Likes
    i got a honeywell wifi from hd for $149 looks nice but u need 24v to work especially if you dont have a spare wire to make it 24v, and it couldnt communicate with router because of distance in between instead of bringing the router closer returning the product was easier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in