I've seen a lot of sensor mods on this site but most aren't for me, require special tools, more purchases, require skills I don't posses or compromise the warranty. So I set out to do the simplest mod I could with the best results.
Goals: maintain the integrity of the sensors so they can be sent back if they fail.
No modification to the head itself.
Under $20 in materials.
My ak900 came with the stretch Velcro sensors that seem well made and durable but after 2 weeks I don't like the velcro application and want to go back to a clamp, I noticed that the thermistor is imbedded in what looks like one jaw of a clamp, so I went hunting in the hardware stores. Here's my digi-cool ak900 clamp conversion.
This is basically the finished product except I didn't have any small zip ties, they'll go where the white and green bread ties are but I wanted to show the effect.
Final price= $15.00 for clamps, zero for zip ties I have at work.
Total time= 10 minutes, not counting trip to the store for clamps.
I'll post a final cleaned up version with zip ties and Irwin decals cleaned off. You could also opt to cut off the extra bar that you don't need to keep it from sticking out as far.