I have two questions:
1) I have an all electric home and I have a heat pump heating and cooling system. I get a little confused with the options and how it all works. There is Fan or Auto for cool. What is the difference? What is the most effecient to use and when? In the winter there are two options as well; there is just Heat and there is emergency heat. What is the difference? What is the most effecient to use and when should I use the two options?

2) My neice was told by an hvac repair person to run their fan on their a/c all the time, that it will keep the house cooler and the a/c part won't have to work as hard. One thing I noticed is her home is always hot and uncomfortable. The other thing I wondered besides if this made any sense or not is what kind of wear and tear could this be putting on her a/c unit running the fan constantly. I think it would be better to just run the a/c when it is really hot outside and that way it only has to kick in when it drops below the setting you have it at. If it is cooler outside than inside your home and you can't open your windows then I would think the fan would make some sense. But I am not sure so that is why I'm asking.

Thanks,
Cats