Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I really didn't follow the story very closely. But if he always passed the drug tests how are they retroactively stripping him of his titles? It almost looks like a witch hunt, unless they really have some hard evidence on him. And were they all really doing it or is that an exaggeration?

Tell me something:

Which of these two news stories would be of more importance to the USA:

1) Pro Football player gets canned for illegal drug use... or
    2) POTUS manipulates the stock market (destroying pension funds and retirement funds) to support his re-election campaign...

Both are illegal... which is more important?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Tell me something:

Which of these two news stories would be of more importance to the USA:

1) Pro Football player gets canned for illegal drug use... or
    2) POTUS manipulates the stock market (destroying pension funds and retirement funds) to support his re-election campaign...

Both are illegal... which is more important?
    Since most people dont have a pension and like football, Id go with #1 if he was a star. If he was a scrub who never touches the ball, or lineman, prolly #2.

I know thats crazy, but people arent intersted in the guys just blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Since most people dont have a pension and like football, Id go with #1 if he was a star. If he was a scrub who never touches the ball, or lineman, prolly #2.

I know thats crazy, but people arent intersted in the guys just blocking.
    I think you missed my point....

If the public had any sense, they would be P*SSED as H*LL about #2... and take #1 with a grain of salt. Until the public gets their priorities straight... the govt will continue to divert attention away from what laws elected officials are breaking... with worthless news stories about doping and bike racers.

MeThinks the people get what they deserve from the govt.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    When it comes to juicing, listen to his teammates. They were all doing it. It was a level playing field and he won.

It might be hard for some to see both sides but I see Lance as guilty and the best cyclist of our time, regardless of this infraction. He has an oversized heart, superior lungs, trained at altitude and dominated the sport for many years. He wasn’t doping the whole time, maybe just at the TDF because others were.

If they were all doing it, why is he the only dog? And, with so many witnesses, how can anyone say he didn't do it? That many people in your camp don't lie.
    Lance spared ALL his teammates and bicyclists of SELF INCRIMINATION.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I bet Sheryl Crow left him because of roid rage.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

So big its ok if our commie President screws over millions of hard working Americans since u don't have a pension.

Typical leftist thinking. Maybe your Marxist hero won't make it this time. We fought and won the cold war against the Evil Empire now we are in a fight for lives and America here at home. If we elect the commie the world and America will be lost forever. Thank u very much

Big if I misread your post then say so and clarify otherwise one would have to assume that's your opinion supporting commie Obama. Thank u very much

The government doesnt put out the news stories about doping bikers and such.... that kind of news is what america demands.

Look at tv today..... its all reality shows.......that in fact are not as real as you think once you take into account all the scripted fights and drama the producers inject.

Americans have short attention spans and they love seeing people in distress and turmoil.

Just to clarify.

When I speak of Lance and his problems with roid rage, Im talking about how dopers like Lance who use steroids sometimes have violent episodes and these are called "roid rage" episodes.

It has nothing to do with hemorrhoids. Although I suspect they also cause violent outbursts of rage from time to time.

Yes, fussing about the media is kinda like fussing about wally world. They are both selling a product, chinese junk or news...

I've never met the man personally. But here in Austin where he is king. I've worked on 2 houses where he lived in the neighborhood and met several more people who have met him or were friends of friends. The thing I hear everytime about him is how big of a jerk he is. He's supposedly and arrogant self righteous individual. He also left his wife and 2 kids for that Crowe woman. I do respect what he's done for cancer by raising $500mil. But aside from that, I have no use for the man. I believe he did cheat somewhere along the way and karma has a funny way of paying people back.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    Lance spared ALL his teammates and bicyclists of SELF INCRIMINATION.
    I doubt Lance would willingly give up his seven TDF wins to spare his teammates humiliation, since that is all they would suffer. When has he ever placed someone else before himself in cycling? He has nothing but time and money to fight it.

Do you realize what he did for those titles? Nearly 140 days of pure agony and superior team tactics. He is also throwing all of his team’s efforts to the wind. But it is all for not if he doped.

Lance may be the best cyclist of our time but he is also known as a pompous jerk by those close to him (refer to post #38).

Question:
    Will the TDF officials ask for his trophies and yellow jerseys back? If not, he can keep on imagining himself as the real winner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast