Thread: 2-Stage Stat

Post Likes

2-Stage Stat

I'm having a system installed tomorrow, and would like to know how I can tell if a 2-Stage stat is installed.
    The Contractor said they are installing a VisionPRO® 8000, but when I look online I don't see anything that tells me.

Thanks

Post Likes
    The thermostat that you are getting has many different capabilities depending on the system that you have. If you have a heat pump chances are it is 2 stage. Just ask the contractor to show you the sub base of the stat and to explain how it operates

Post Likes
    All visionpro 8000 are at least two stage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    All visionpro 8000 are at least two stage.
    Nope. The TH8110 is only single stage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Nope. The TH8110 is only single stage.
    You're correct, my mistake.

Post Likes
    8320/8321, needs to be properly wired on both ends and installer needs to go to advanced setup and ask for 2 stage operation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    8320/8321, needs to be properly wired on both ends and installer needs to go to advanced setup and ask for 2 stage operation.

I just had my system installed with the TH8320U1008... I didn't notice him doing anything special with the stat (he might have), but when I asked if there is anything special I need to do with regards to 2-stage operation, he said no... he programed the furnace and Stat, and it will take care of itself automatically. Is this how a 2-stage stat works... set it and forget it? How can I tell if it's setup correctly?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Once set up, there is nothing special you need to do. To tell if its controlling the stages of the furnace. Set it 1 degree warmer then the house temp, let it run for a few minutes. long enough for the air to be warm coming out of the registers. then set it 5 degrees higher, and see if the blower increases in speed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in