Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Romney

Romney

Would you rather have an awkward businessman or a smooth-talking fool running your hvac company?

Romney may not have the charisma or the campaign charm of other candidates, but how often do you find a presidential candidate who knows how to be a great campaigner and who knows how to operate a successful government?

Romney doesn't have the gift of gab. I mean, this guy doesn't even know how to tell you what you want to hear!

When given the choice between charisma or a history of success in business and state government, I think I'll go with the history of success.

A friend of mine sent me this. I don't know how accurate it is:

Personal Information:

His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.

His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan

He was raised in Bloomfield Hills , Michigan

He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children.

Education:
    B.A. from Brigham Young University,

J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University

Religion:
    Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Working Background:

After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.

In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States .

In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.

He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.

In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.

Some Interesting Facts about Romney:

Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.

Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.

He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.

He was an unpaid bishop and stake president of his church for ten years.

He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.

He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.

He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.

Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income.... Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.

Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:

He will show us his birth certificate

He will show us his high school and college transcripts.

He will show us his social security card.

He will show us his law degree.

He will show us his draft notice.

He will show us his medical records.

He will show us his income tax records.

He will show us he has nothing to hide.

Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.

You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it. But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.
    If you see any errors in the above information, don't keep them a secret.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

e's not the best choice but is a hell of alot better tan what we have now.

A radical in over his head.

Some not all.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Some not all.
    Yeah, let's see those offshore and Swiss bank accounts too.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

I'd rather have a better choice, but there are not many I would not want in place of Obama. The one shot that Romney has at winning is that he really isn't that much different than Obama in his political goals. What is different is the way Obama goes about acheiving what he wants, which is downright fascist.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Just great ready for 4 more years of the One big a$$ mistake America Guy.

We got no one to stop him.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    Just great ready for 4 more years of the One big a$$ mistake America Guy.

We got no one to stop him.
    Boy, you sure do give up easily...

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Boy, you sure do give up easily...
    Maybe, but then maybe I realize that Obama is a runaway freight train, and there is no end to his damage in sight.

I need a beer, or a few.

And just for the record, I own 0 guns.
    Last edited by NY2GA01; 07-08-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Romney,

Mandates that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage and provides free health care insurance for residents earning less than 150% of the federal poverty level (FPL).[3] The law was amended significantly in 2008 and twice in 2010.

Governor Romney has a solid record of pursuing gun control measures to control crime and increase safety. He is vocally supportive of the assault weapons ban, supported a waiting period, and supports registration. While Governor he continued Massachusetts's history of gun control advocacy.

In 2002, Mitt Romney stated in a debate that he supported the tough gun laws in Massachusetts and that he believed they help protect us and keep us safe. He vowed not to chip away at those laws.

While in office, Governor Romney supported the Brady bill and a waiting period because it was necessary to complete a background check. More recently, he has stated that with the advent of instant background checks, a waiting period is no longer required.

He stated that his views did not line up with the NRA. After initiating his Presidential campaign in 2007, Governor Romney joined the NRA with a lifetime membership. He asserted in a taped speech that he supported second amendment rights for all legal purposes, including the common defense.

In 2004, the federal ban on assault weapons expired. Before that happened, Governor Romney signed a bill to permanently ban assault weapons in Massachusetts. That same legislation also extended the term of a firearm identification card and a license to carry firearms from four years to six years, granted a 90-day grace period for holders of firearm identification cards and licenses to carry who have applied for renewal, and created a seven-member Firearm License Review Board to review firearm license applications that have been denied. Governor Romney later stated that the legislation was good overall for firearms owners because of these provisions. During the discussion over the ban, Governor Romney stated that assault weapons were not for hunting or self defense, but were instruments of destruction.

Governor Romney has been supportive of the second amendment in the general sense while campaigning for the Presidency in 2012, but continued to support an assault weapons ban in the 2008 elections. Since that time, he has stated that he does not believe that the nation wide assault weapons ban should be re-instituted.

He does not address the issue on his 2012 campaign website.

Yep. Unfortunately the powers that be in the Republican party think the Country's too right center to elect a true conservative.

So we get Romney....

Granted its better than Obama.

Sheriff Joe has the forger and on July 17th he is going to release the guys name I guess..... or turn the evidence over to the proper authorities....I guess.

I hope Arpaio hasnt been bitten by the pay pal donation bug.

That Jerome Corsi fellow kept promising more and more breathtaking information up to about a year ago but he never came thru with anything....

Said he even knew who was the forger was and was supposed to release his name in two weeks.....but he never did. He did however continue to solicit more pay pal donations from folks who wanted Obama out.

I dont think Sheriff Joe will do this though..... I know at his last news conference and in his florida voter trial affadavit he used a lot of weasel words and wouldnt actually come out and accuse the prez of forgery but this time I know he is going to come thru with some hard facts and not more weasel words and teases about information to come.....and more pleas for donations.

July 17th, mark your calenders........ shocking, breathtaking information from Sheriff Joe, Mike Zulo and the cold case posse.

Sheriff Joe.... dont let america down

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Some not all.
    How about Obama showing us a valid birth certificate, how he got his SS #, his college records, medical records, papers written while in college and all the communist front organizations he has belonged to and or attended and all his Muslim ties. Yeah that would be nice lets lay them side by side with an American Romney's records. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    Maybe, but then maybe I realize that Obama is a runaway freight train, and there is no end to his damage in sight.

I need a beer, or a few.

And just for the record, I own 0 guns.
    You may want to remedy your gun ownership before you won't be able to. I suggest buying from a private party who does not know you.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast