Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/announcement.php?forumid=7

Please view the above link

You do not qualify to post a help wanted ad.

thx

[Edited by Lusker on 09-17-2006 at 10:22 PM]

That may not always be true that anyone worth anything is working and wouldnt come to work for you. If you pay good and have some bennies, it may not be all that tough to get someone unhappy to come to your side.

Now are you guanteeing full time , year round ??????

Tell a little what your offering ....... you might even get a response in here.

I have enough work for full time, I am affiliated with a large home Improvement store and have much work from it as well as other marketing activities. I need to focus my time on growing the business and securing new jobs.

I am looking for people that will enjoy making a difference. Pay will be based on performance.

I do not feel like it is very beneficial to just buy employees from another company.

Well I havnt made up my mind what your looking for ....bodies or qualified people.

Im not being a smart A$$ but it just seems funny when someone is looking for help but gets a little offended or doesnt really like to say a whole lot about what he is really offering as compensation to get a new employee.

When you just put it that you need someone and give no clue of what they would make ....... ya your going to have trouble finding employees. When you go to employment agencies do you tell them a lot more of what you offer or is it the same....... on performance ?

Im just stating what may be the problem in finding new employees.

QUALIFIED

Perhaps Bodies was the wrong word. I am not interested in unqualified people. Pay would be based on experience, certification etc...

I do not think that it is relavent to discuss compensation packages on this board since it is a marketing board but
    I am paying 16 per hour now to someone who does not even own his own hand tools. He does good work but I need people who care enough about their chosen field to perchase hand tools. I am willing to pay up to $25-30 plus bennies.

My question again is "Where are most people here on this board finding qualified Employees?"

I hope that clears up the question.

danny x Guest
    Why not post a job description containing where you are located and possible pay rates? Although I thought "I need bodies" made me laugh a bit, it may seem degrading.

Dan

Never mind! Wow!

Originally posted by avieira
    Never mind! Wow!
    I know what you mean its hard to find good qualified people.

Our best people came from referals from curent employees.
    Friends that worked at other places but weren't happy where they were not because of money. but, usually because of work conditions, or management problems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

buying employees from other shops hmmmmm
    well if everyone that is worth anything in your area is already working and you want someone qualified then you have no choice but to "buy employees"
    now maybe the problem is that you are short with people in real life like you have been on this thread
    the guys are trying to help you out and give you some advise but its not the answer you want so you just say never mind

the composition package is very important to discuss because it will let people from this site know if they would even want to consider working for you

now if you really want help play along and see what you get

The question still remains

For Owners/Hiring managers on this borard, Where are you finding qualified People? I.E, are you using a service like HVAC Agent, Monster.com, Local paper, etc, etc?

I am just looking for ideas of where best to concentrate a search.

Although I have never tried it I was told the best place to find qualified techs was the radio
    Reason being techs are in there vans running calls and probably listening to the radio
    If the economy is booming in your area there may be a reason a guy doesn’t have a job so you have to watch hiring people that are not working if everybody is hiring I am not talking about the guy who has been out of work for a week I mean the one that has had 48 jobs in the last 2 years and has had more time off work then working

Uh, there is a "jobs" forum guys. Why not take this there where it belongs? This person is obviously soliciting employees.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Ya I have to agree with John now that we know what he is willing to pay ......... he can also tell what other bennies he is offering.

I have a good idea where this will go. As many techs that are in here Im sure there will be a few responses, and questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast