Hey guys, I am about to switch from systems to service at JCI. They are bringing me in as a service rep. I know what they main job is, but can someone out there tell me some typical day to day things about the job? Also, service gave me 2 choices, to become a rep or wait until a C card job opens up. Let me know all of your thoughts are. (Asking anyone from NC) I plan on eventually relocating to North Carolina, now with that in mind, what are some wage considerations? I have realized the service rep may be the best way to go, I have read the (union) wages for mechanics (being NC is a red state) are not overally great like in some cities (Chicago,NYC). I would like to know your thoughts. Thanks guys

please?

Well, I am an ex-system rep 2. It has been over 2.5 years since I have worked at JCI. It seems like things are changing a lot there, and I am not sure if the systems reps of yesterday have the same job as the reps of today. Basically what I was was a controls service technician. A typical day for me was possible having a SSV with a customer who has a controls service contract. Its usually a day visit where I get to the customers site and go over any concerncs or issue they may have. Usually spend most of my time tweaking programs verifying all controls work as they are suppose to do. You also respond to any service calls that may come in. Each day is different, you try to schedule your days as much as possible, but things change on a dime. If you like routine, then it may be an adjustment becoming a system rep. A lot of the system guys didn't have vehicles, but as a system rep, it's a requirement. I really enjoyed being a system rep, but the b.s. at the local branch was more then I could take. I only lasted a couple of years, but the training I got through JCI was worth it. Hopefully this helps!

thanks- basically I would work mostly alone, going to different accounts and talking with maintenance guys- making sure all the controls are working smooth? Can you give an example of a typical SSV? Was is pretty laid back, or stressful?

Thanks

Well, I didn't have the best experiences at JCI. I was under undue stress from the beginning. I had a STS who pretty much sucked. I worked with a senior tech who was a control freak and wouldn't turn over his accounts with out a fight. I had very little support from him, did more to make me fail then anything. Anyway I am pretty bitter about my whole experiences at JCI. I really hope my experience is an isolated one. Typical SSV's are for the most part pretty laid back. Except when a job gets turned over to service and the whole damn building needs to be completely recomissioned because the install guys didn't know what they were doing. I was put in a bad position there. I was the sole face of JCI at that point, I not only had to fix everything that was broke, but I had to keep explaining to the customer why I kept finding things wrong, but yet not not giving JCI a bad rap. That was partly what did me in. Sorry, I'm not being much help, am I? Well, I am done ranting and raving!

right, here! in the heartland of the homeland!

Hmm fresh meat!

Looks like theyre, still looking and doing the same kind of things! youre probably better off!

thanks- anyone else have anything to say?