Post NOT SO COOLING COOLER

Have a r12walkin cooler that started with a condensing fan replacement and a liquid line leak.
    Converted to r414b (r12 drop-in) but would not cool below 50'F. Replaced txv with no luck.
    Suction pressure running at 52 psi and sh at 10'F. Head pressure running at 150 psi which seems low.
    would you think that maybe the compressor is leaking ( valve) and needs to be replaced?

rob

Dude
    I never have use 414- I use 409 for a replacement.
    doing one call at a time.

409 is expensive as hell these days. To many other choices that will save the end user $ while not effecting your profit.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Why is your suction 52 PSI? This is what you need to find out. I can't believe it is getting below 60.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Isn't that Hot Shot? If so, you can call ICOR's tech support. 866-433-TECH. Only used it once replacing 134 in a cooler. Isn't 50 a bit high on the low side? Seems to me that's a very warm coil if I recall right.

Valve comp out on suction side and see if it pumps down into vaccume. If it does not pitch or replace valve plate.

dirty condenser?

just throwing this out there , try blowing out the condenser.
    I know your SH should be higher if condenser was dirty but still worth a try.
    It reminds me of a WI cooler i had that wouldn't pull temp after a compressor change, and TXV replacement. Blew out the condenser and pressures stabilized and it ran normal.

Also a condenser fan replacement could be from a dirty condenser.

Quote Originally Posted by Conaire View Post
    Have a r12walkin cooler that started with a condensing fan replacement and a liquid line leak.
    Converted to r414b (r12 drop-in) but would not cool below 50'F. Replaced txv with no luck.
    Suction pressure running at 52 psi and sh at 10'F. Head pressure running at 150 psi which seems low.
    would you think that maybe the compressor is leaking ( valve) and needs to be replaced?

rob
    52 PSIG = 46 degrees saturated temp ---- that is not good sign for medium temp ---- one of the pistons is not pumping

Don't guess. Get the performance chart and see if the compressor is operating correctly. Not enough info is given to say for sure.

Going to replace compressor as it will not pump down. Thanks Guys