+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XRV issues

Post Likes

XRV issues

I have a carrier chiller that has had a ongoing issues with low load surging and they will also not load up. Both machines run between 5% and 15% guide vane position.

I adjusted T1 and P1 so the unit is always in HGBP mode to keep to machine on line.(2 machines).

Any advise would be appreciated.

This is my current operating conditions-

M#19XVR3032256BGS64
    CwSetpt- 46
    Condenser water - 74.6 / 77.3
    Evap water - 52.4 / 50.5
    Refrig - 81 / 48.2
    Inlet guide vane- 5%
    Motor- full speed @ 55% amps

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes

Better Log?

I assume the mini log you posted was in the HGBP mode. I would be interested in seeing a log in LWT mode.

Both chillers doing the same thing? Exactly? If not, I know in my case I would have a better shot at helping if we look at them individually. Otherwise, if they really are doing the same thing or pretty close, then, I would be inclined to review the set-up menu closely.

Is this a new plant for you? Do you have old logs? Do the logs indicate it ran a-lot in HGBP back then as well?

Can you get a log under a heavy load?

What are the run hours?

When was the last time the float was inspected/serviced? These machines have a habit of the float sticking. You will get this mystery low refrigerant temp condition & sometimes it will alarm, then, the next day(s) it will run fine. They can surge in this condition as well.

Lastly: I personally never use HGBP unless I have no other option & even then its usually temporary. Especially in your case, if you have operating inverters, there is no need to pour money down the drain.
    All my leon freaked out!

Post Likes
    Why not just run one chiller?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    What a novel concept......(he thought, with a certain amount of incredulity)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    What a novel concept......(he thought, with a certain amount of incredulity)

I like to keep it simple you know.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    overthinker!
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    1- we have been working @ this site for 2 years. The T1/P1 has been set low from the beginning. T1/P1 was changed to factory setting after 3 consecutive 100degree days in the beginning of the summer because the chillers were not loading up. I also am not the primary tech for this site, but I feel these chillers should run better.
    2- both chiller have similar issues.
    3- the float has not been inspected
    4- I also think one chiller should be able to handle the load, but it does not keep the load, because of the minimal guide vane position.

Post Likes
    Are the VFD's running 100% on both chillers?

Post Likes
    Yes both are running 100% VFD.

I also left out that both chillers are running 24/7 in a 24/7 occupied space.

Post Likes
    You have a 1.9 F split on the evaporator. I would look into this first. It can be surprising what happens when you take care of a seemingly unrelated issue....

Post Likes
    If i am reading your numbers correctly you have condensor and cooler approach a little too wide. Check the machine's original design sheets and compare to actual. Are your transducers accurate? How about tube cleanliness?

Post Likes
    Fix first why the chiller does not load. Look inside the panels there should be a sticker with the original setup of the chiller. Make sure it is correct on the setup screens. Those numbers are what the chiller ran at factory. Once the chiller loads and unloads check for proper pressure drops on the vessels, it could be that there is not enough water flow on the evaporator and the setup was changed to keep the chillers online.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in