Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hace Frio View Post
    Maybe you guys are talking commercial service but for residential service come on... You go there find the leak , evacuate , fix leak , charge system , change a capacitor or control board.. changeout a compressor here and there. Make sure the electric is juiced where it should be. They teach you in school all that basic stuff. I don't plan on doing big jobs just basic residential service.
    Your expectations are way too high, or you are, good luck with that!

to answer your thread opener.

''ever seen a recent grad start his own bussiness''

start and succede are 2 very different things. I have alot of faith in you that you can start a bussiness in HVAC. I also posses the wisdom to tell you this bussiness will fail.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

"Thread: Ever seen a recent grad start his own business? "

you need to think of another idea, it's not gonna happen.

i absorbed nearly everything the schools and the books had to teach me and there's no way in hell i could have started a business out of school.

how an AC company handles day to day tasks is not something that can be found in a book.
    nor can every type of repair situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hace Frio View Post
    Maybe you guys are talking commercial service but for residential service come on... You go there find the leak , evacuate , fix leak , charge system , change a capacitor or control board.. changeout a compressor here and there. Make sure the electric is juiced where it should be. They teach you in school all that basic stuff. I don't plan on doing big jobs just basic residential service.
    LOL?

Failure is one step closer to succeding. Who knows how many times it will take but one day you will be successful if you keep at it and don't maim yourself or others in the proccess.

You make Residential equipment sound so easy. I do both residential and commercial and find residential more challenging most of the time. Don't forget that there are many complex multistaged home systems out there, DC drive motors, zoned systems, steam systems, hydronic systems, high velocity cooling systems, heat pumps, oil burners etc. Some of my accounts are very large homes with 3 and 4 systems in them.
    I have been doing this for 22 years and can still be bested by simple things.

Good luck!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Theres a guy where I'm at, went to everyone for a job, no one would hire him. He started his own business, and is still in business. But he does such a bad job that he is know for being a joke by companies 40 miles away.

You do have the knowledge of hvac but...

As they have stated there is alot more involved, especially in starting a business and you know that I know If anyone what it takes to start one. Since I'm a double major in hvacr and business admin. and currently working in one. I see the industry,I speak to media consultants cause the boss doesn't want to deal with there bs. What you need is a niche and for instance Aus Em Air has there name that sticks with you.My company has Warranties on all services and our logo is smell good plumbers. So a niche,and a financial plan for 6 months without business. You need a secretary or a dispatching system App to store all of your contacts and service history which is pricey.Email me for everything else I could go on and on and onnn. I'll give you some help.

Please make sure you can type a coherent sentence as well.

lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    another know it all out of school.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

x2

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyd View Post
    Please make sure you can type a coherent sentence as well.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    That will not be happening anytime soon!

make sure you have some good insurance , because with this pompous attitude you're definately going to need it when you ruin someones system , or burn their house down , and they sue you ....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast