+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flow Hood

Post Likes

Flow Hood

So I'm thinking about retiring my Alnor (analog) Balometer that's older than some of you reading this (I may have used it a couple of times a month over the 20-odd years I've had it). I need a 2x2 to read from less than 50 CFM to as much as 1,000 CFM or so. Lighter weight would be nice, but I'm not too "electronic", so memory, etc. is not important. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks!

Post Likes
    I use the alnor lowflo bolometer it reads down to 8cfm but I think it only goes up to 500cfm if I'm not mistaken. It works great for what I use it for, airflow trouble calls and energy audits

Post Likes
    You will need at least 2 different balometers to cover the CFM range you want.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    T45: The Shortridge CFM-88L looks like what I need, thanks. By any chance, do you know who sells it at the best price?

Post Likes
    I'm not sure who has the best pricing on these.

Shortridge is the instrument that all of the TAB contractors I've worked around seem to use. Im sure they are not cheap , but fast and accurate for sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in