Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Digi-cool manifold

I've taken note that the new ak900 has really hit a nice price range at about 280, I also noticed it comes with a manifold and this where my question lies. The digi-cool heads are well known for durability and innovation, does the manifold carry the torch here or is it something people don't like? Here's some areas I would really like some input from real experience.
    1. Does the manifold provide the features techs like, hose parks on front, easy to open and close valves, solid design?
    2. This manifold is new to the digicool lineup is it going through growth pains, leaking, valves failing, etc?
    3. This is more about the ak900. I've read about wireless sensors on this site and when will these be available? Will this be something that can be used with a current ak900 or will it be a totally different setup?

Thank you for the replys

The manifold is ok. I've had the issue of it leaking by & thankfully my system had a receiver .. The machining of the manifold is obviously not inspected to well either. Lastly the replacement manifold i received i had to disassemble the fittings & re seal them as they were about hand tight. I'm ok with the DC product but I'm not one to protect my investment just because I'm an owner. I hope when these wireless ones come out the main issues are addressed because id definitely but them if so

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

hvac79 what did digicool say. I had that issue and I thought I tightned it but the issue returned. I will say I was with a factory rep checking charge on a bunch of commercial units. I had the digicool ak900 he had the fieldpiece. He liked the ak900 everything on 1 screen.

With the issue of leaking by Doug instructed me to tighten it down. So far so good with that. I've yet to see the fieldpiece in person. A friend of mine has it I'm not a fan of its appearance

I have an AK900 from the 1st batch that was available for purchase.
    To date I have had no manifold issues.
    Zip, zero, nada...............
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by a\c don View Post
    I have an AK900 from the 1st batch that was available for purchase.
    To date I have had no manifold issues.
    Zip, zero, nada...............
    That's partly why i never made a big stink about my issues. Many guys never had the same issue so with that . . . Sh!t happens.

My ak900 is out for delivery today. Might be able to help with some of those questions here shortly.

sent from my DUMB-PHONE

I just started using it and the system is awesome but the velcro strap pipe sensors can be a real pain to place properly especially if the access ports and line sets are in an awkward position relative to the tech. The fieldpiece nearly won me over due to their pipe clamp style sensors.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

FWIW I have found those Fieldpiece clamps inaccurate most of the times I've used them .... 10 ˚ sometimes before I just said pi55 on it.
    I haven't used the newer Digi-Cool stretchy velcro sensor yet but it looks like it would do a better job at deflecting ambient air than most clamps. I've had best results strapping the bare sensor (any kind) to a pipe and covering with insulation. I honestly don't get the regular velcro. I would rather get them not glued to the velcro strap since the first thing I did to my 1250 was scrape the glue and strap off the sensor.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I modified to use the digicool clamps but I a cooper sensors most of the time. It helps though that the shop has them free.

i like the new stretchy velcro, the older ones i would wrap around add some insulating tape, then put a clamp over everything,,, for the price, the ak 900's are the best bang for the buck,,,

Thanks for the info guys! Sounds like the manifold is pretty solid, I can live with some tightening. I found a pic online that showed the hose parks on the front. I'm going to spring for a set when I get the funds and move my sman 3s into the backup/working on another unit role, btw I've had a very good experience with fieldpiece and the smans but there is no doubt that the digis are great with the new price range. I would still like to here about the ever so enticing wireless action. As far as the sensors go it appears the the custom mod is the way to go to get the setup you want and there are lots of threads on this site to copy from.

Mine came in and I cant wait to try it out. It seems well built but only time will tell. The paradigm manifold has caught my eye. Until then this manifold will have to do.

sent from my DUMB-PHONE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast