TXV operation with low inlet liquid line pressure

My question is what do you believe the affect would be on TXV operation if it sees a low LL pressure? All other parts of system normal.

Since it will have a reduced capacity do you think it could cause flood back to the compresor?

Quote Originally Posted by Push It View Post
    Since it will have a reduced capacity do you think it could cause flood back to the compresor?

I think the oposite would happen, there would less flow through the txv so you the evaporator would be under fed with refrigerant, lower suction pressure and higher superheat than normal would be evident. Unless someone had tried to remedy the problem by adjusting the txv open, then you could get floading back when the low liqiud line pressure problem improves.

I agree. I have been talking with a coworker who is saying since the pressure at the valve is low it can't flash of any gas. However I thought only about 10% of the liquid becomes flash gas to further cool the remaining liquid before it boils off traveling through the evap.

Still trying to understand his reasoning because he is very knowledgable. Just think he is off with this one.