Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    What are they big AC for computer rooms? I have never seen one. Probaly due to my age
    Heat, cooling, humidification, de-humidification, and filtration all wrapped into a neat little package.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Oldest, a 1987 refuse to work on units more then 15 years old to be honest.. I replaced the 1987 it was a trane I do believe lil old lady wanted me to fix her drain on it.. I told her I could fix it but would feel bad for doing it, she was happy that I suggested replacing it, instead of fixing it, she said I was the first technician to suggest a new one, and signed the contract a half hour later. LOL it was in her erm office...

true story...

oops
    Last edited by Danae12; 08-27-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: oops

We had one of those in big truck manufacturing plant near Seattle. They had the snuffer fire suppression system in the same room and I had it turned off so I could use my torch. I lit up my torch, not realizing I didn't tell all the guys in the room that the fire suppression system has been wisely turned off, that they all ran out the door. Kinda funny.

This one that looks like yours was built in the early 80's and I had a hard time getting parts for it. I doubt if it's still there.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

FD series were manufactured previous to 1982.
    129 date code is the month and year.
    12=December
    9=Year (The only option would be 1979)

The biggest clue is the "PCR-2" in "The Six Million Dollar Man" type font!
    GENTLEMEN, WE CAN REBUILD IT, FASTER, STRONGER, MORE TONNAGE...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ57 View Post
    That ain't nuthin. My liebert has pnuematic controls. 1978 vintage IIRC. Runs like a top.

Now if you want a real laugh....I have AHU controls.....old barber-coleman....that run on vacuum tubes....that are still on-line.

I remember the vacuum tube BC controls. I had completly forgot about them. Red board, two tubes......
    Tracers work both ways.

We work on a couple dinosaurs for a large telecummunications company. Big, big Liebert units with glycol cooled condenser loops. They're still huffing away. They're around. One of my co workers used to do work at a large tire manufacturing plant in eastern Canada. Lots of old Lieberts kicking around. If it aint broke, let it be. Although if the board were to go I'd change my tone.

I was servicing a Coleman vestibule rooftop heater that looked like a locomotive but unfortunately last winter the motor burned out and it melted itself cycling on the high limit. The neaters thing I've seen were some oil fired rooftop units. I Never worked on them but they were neat looking.

I use to PM many of those,, They never broke. I recall the hardest Part was looking for the Suction cup to pull up the floor. Nice pic. Ill start searching 4 info.

Found it lol below

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12